Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Also, anyone could see how much Rhule was struggling at Carolina, and many thought he would be one of the first head coaches fired in the NFL this year. Given Rhule’s success in the college game, it would have been a stretch for Rhule to return to college coaching.  Since Trev was forced to wait a year to fire Frost, Trev might as well update his master list as things change and progress. 

Yeah, anybody who thinks he had a list that wasn’t fluid is being silly. Of course his list changed, probably many times, based on new information. The fact Rhule was still with the Panthers when Frost was fired means nothing.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's the incentive pay that is/was in question.

I understand that. But it seemed somebody wasn’t grasping how buyouts get reduced with new employment. If it was heavy on incentives and light on guaranteed money, I can see Carolina being concerned about it not being fair market value.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

F Rhule. I want Fickell.

I am gonna laugh when neither retain Mickey.

If it is one or the other, I’m more than okay with it. I would like to see whoever it is keep Mickey because he can contribute lots of positives but it sure isn’t a deal breaker.

• Fire 1
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

That’s not how it works. Anything we pay him reduces his Carolina buyout. So he will get his $40M regardless, it just depends who pays it.

That's kinda like I said.  

$70 mil contract

$40 mil Carolina

$30 mil Nebraska

We are all in it to make more money. We are not giving up what we are owed.  We are good. 

Carolina is the c$%k blocker here.  They want You to take a deal for $40 mil or less.  Which benefits them.  They aren't looking out for you or your best interest.  So why not ask your next employer to pay your worth?  The price needs to go up for you, not down.  $28-$32 from Nebraska, $40 from Carolina.  Your contract should be $70.

If neither parties agree, you still get $40 mil.

• Haha 1
Just now, admo said:

That's kinda like I said.  

$70 mil contract

$40 mil Carolina

$30 mil Nebraska

We are all in it to make more money. We are not giving up what we are owed.  We are good. 

Carolina is the c$%k blocker here.  They want You to take a deal for $40 mil or less.  Which benefits them.  They aren't looking out for you or your best interest.  So why not ask your next employer to pay your worth?  The price needs to go up for you, not down.  $28-$32 from Nebraska, $40 from Carolina.  Your contract should be $70.

If neither parties agree, you still get $40 mil.

That’s nothing like I said :lol:

He is guaranteed $40M due to his Panthers contract. The only way he makes more than that 40 is if we pay him more than that for the same term. Heck, that would be the sweetest of deals if he got to stack them at the same time.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Every contract is different.

Understood but it is pretty common in coaching for new contracts on overlapping terms to reduce the original owed. I’m sure there are lots of intricacies involved but generally that is how it works.

• Plus1 2