Who should our next HC be?

An article on 24/7 says that while Rhule contemplates this job, we are looking at Monken and Leipold harder.  I think Leipold is the best fit for this job as of right now.  He started the season 5-0.

I would prefer Urban Meyer as well, but don't see that happening.  Outside of Meyer, the rest are all the same risks and rewards.  We can all think that Kiffin or Sanders or Fickell would be great here, but in all honestly, they are all risks. 

The worst thing that happened in the last 10 years is the U of Neb, let things slide way to far down.  This started with Pelini and ended now with Frost.  Our rosters started falling down during Pelini's last two season and Riley did not upgrade, and frankly Frost might have even taken it down even further.

So this next hire should be able to start from scratch and rebuild the roster, staff and recruiting base.  We need some man sized recruiters to come in here.  We need to have some relationships that need mended in states with High School coaches.  We need to have alot things roll our way.  I think we are right now looking at a program that should be able to get 7-8 wins each season.  I think we need to let that happen, and on occasion win 9-10.  The last is going to be hard with Big 10 scheduling.  Now with USC and UCLA being added, this puts two more programs ahead of us right now.

Penn ST, Michigan, Ohio ST, USC and UCLA are ahead of us in talent.  Thats 5 schools.  We know that Maryland looks good on and off and is talented.  Illinois is talented.  When you start to look at the pecking order as of right now, we are down the line.  Don't care what recruiting rankings say, eye ball test tells you that these teams are more talented and experienced.

Regardless of all this who should be or shouldn't be talk, at this point a warm body that can talk and walk is going to make me happy.  For the record, I thought that Mickey should be retained, but the more time goes by I am starting to think that this whole thing needs blown up and restarted from the bottom. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, admo said:

Ok Ok...  What is THE provision in the contract that Carolina's obligation is reduced ???  You have the contract in front of you I suppose. 

Please explain a $45 mil contract with Nebraska, and who pays what.  Or a $5 mil contract, or $70 mil contract. 

:snacks:

What is your malfunction, it’s not hard. His contract with Carolina was for 10mil/year for x number of years.  They fired him 4 years early. So. He gets 10mil for 4 years from them.  

like many contracts, they include a clause that if he seeks other employment in those 4 years, the panthers have to pay him that much less. 

so. If he signs with NU for 5mil/yr then Carolina pays the 10 they owe him, LESS the 5mil NU pays him for a net of 5mil/year owed by Carolina 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

An article on 24/7 says that while Rhule contemplates this job, we are looking at Monken and Leipold harder.  I think Leipold is the best fit for this job as of right now.  He started the season 5-0.

I would prefer Urban Meyer as well, but don't see that happening.  Outside of Meyer, the rest are all the same risks and rewards.  We can all think that Kiffin or Sanders or Fickell would be great here, but in all honestly, they are all risks. 

The worst thing that happened in the last 10 years is the U of Neb, let things slide way to far down.  This started with Pelini and ended now with Frost.  Our rosters started falling down during Pelini's last two season and Riley did not upgrade, and frankly Frost might have even taken it down even further.

So this next hire should be able to start from scratch and rebuild the roster, staff and recruiting base.  We need some man sized recruiters to come in here.  We need to have some relationships that need mended in states with High School coaches.  We need to have alot things roll our way.  I think we are right now looking at a program that should be able to get 7-8 wins each season.  I think we need to let that happen, and on occasion win 9-10.  The last is going to be hard with Big 10 scheduling.  Now with USC and UCLA being added, this puts two more programs ahead of us right now.

Penn ST, Michigan, Ohio ST, USC and UCLA are ahead of us in talent.  Thats 5 schools.  We know that Maryland looks good on and off and is talented.  Illinois is talented.  When you start to look at the pecking order as of right now, we are down the line.  Don't care what recruiting rankings say, eye ball test tells you that these teams are more talented and experienced.

Regardless of all this who should be or shouldn't be talk, at this point a warm body that can talk and walk is going to make me happy.  For the record, I thought that Mickey should be retained, but the more time goes by I am starting to think that this whole thing needs blown up and restarted from the bottom. 

Didn't Leipold just sign an extension to stay at KU?

• TBH 2
11 minutes ago, admo said:

Ok Ok...  What is THE provision in the contract that Carolina's obligation is reduced ???  You have the contract in front of you I suppose. 

Please explain a $45 mil contract with Nebraska, and who pays what.  Or a $5 mil contract, or $70 mil contract. 

:snacks:

I'll have my wife's 9th cousin's friend's brother take a picture of it and send me the Polaroid picture.;)

• Oh Yeah! 1

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rhule must have done well enough to bring in talent after the Briles fallout to have Baylor winning in year 3 of his tenure there, and many people want to take away credit from Aranda’s success at Baylor because his Big 12 title in 2021 was “built off Rhule’s players”. Looks like he was able to recruit and develop well enough. 

Some consider the Baylor disaster was as bad as the Penn State disaster in terms of what the programs were like post scandal.  What Rhule did there was outstanding and he must have recruited and developed guys in order for that to happen and he left Aranda a full cupboard 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
33 minutes ago, Skerygood said:

Its not gonna be Rhule. I wish it were true but I just wouldnt be making tv appearances in nfl studios 4-5 days before you take over a program. You study film of your opponents and recruits. Learn the 500 mile radius. Get your staff together because yours is still at Carolina. Not sell yourself on nfl network and talk about past mistakes and what ya could've done differently. Who's next on the board?

This is B.S. why would he not take every opportunity to sell himself. This will only help with recruiting when he gets here.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rhule must have done well enough to bring in talent after the Briles fallout to have Baylor winning in year 3 of his tenure there, and many people want to take away credit from Aranda’s success at Baylor because his Big 12 title in 2021 was “built off Rhule’s players”. Looks like he was able to recruit and develop well enough. 

Yeah and people maybe don't realize but Rhule started and coached for a while as a defensive coach. That Baylor defense that won the Big 12 championship was led by players that started as freshman and softmores for Rhule. Four of them even got drafted last year. 

He had a hard time figuring out offense in the NFL but his defense in Carolina was and still is one of the best in the league. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You can literally say anything and add “source”.  It’s meaningless.  It’s made mainstream news unwatchable.

The source could literally be themselves conjuring up the idea in their head because no one questions who the source is and knows no one will give up their “source” and it seems to be this professional understanding.

8 minutes ago, HANC said:

Some consider the Baylor disaster was as bad as the Penn State disaster in terms of what the programs were like post scandal.  What Rhule did there was outstanding and he must have recruited and developed guys in order for that to happen and he left Aranda a full cupboard 

So Jim Grobe was the interim after Briles got axed, and went 7-6. 

Did Baylor have any sanctions that Rhule had to deal with? Scholarship limits? Bowl bans? TV bans? As far as I can find Baylor got a slap on the wrist for ticky tack recruiting violations that didn’t take effect until after Rhule was gone. Sure it couldn’t have been easy to take on the Baylor gig at the time, but Briles, Grobe and Aranda have all had winning seasons at Baylor. Is winning there really the Herculean feat we’ve made it out to be? 

He hasn’t beat a ranked team since a 2016 game against Navy. I hope he‘s able to put a staff together, because if he’s the guy… I’m not seeing it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1