Who should our next HC be?

28 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Any smoke out there about Urban being in lincoln within the last 2 days.  My source at the university said there was a rumor he was floating around. 

Don’t think that’s been substantiated yet. 

Someone floated the idea of a giant panda bear on the sidelines too. Not sure if anyone’s gathered any supporting evidence of it though either.

18 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

But that guarantee is still guaranteed though..

I agree with all your points but in a theoretical world where Rhule takes this job for a 2mil base salary and doesn't hit any incentives, he's still getting 8mil per year from Carolina. 

But why would Carolina agree to that deal? Rhule/Carolina hold most of the bargaining power.

• TBH 1
20 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

He wouldn’t do that. He already had retirement money prior to taking the Carolina job. Guys at that level want to pursue excellence and fame that is beyond money. 

depending on what A&M does with jimbo there isn’t a better option than us. 

peehaps you’re trying a reverse jinx and I wouldn’t blame ya, but let’s keep the hope going for Rhule as it would be a great hire 

I would be thrilled with Rhule or Fickell.  Dare I say it, even Monken or Mickey (because I want a leader of men on board, recruiting NFL guys, setting the players straight, being honest, building the brand and adjusting to Big Ten play).  

Trust me, fingers crossed we get someone most of us like by the end of the weekend. :)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

4 minutes ago, admo said:

I would be thrilled with Rhule or Fickell.  Dare I say it, even Monken or Mickey (because I want a leader of men on board, recruiting NFL guys, setting the players straight, being honest, building the brand and adjusting to Big Ten play).  

Trust me, fingers crossed we get someone most of us like by the end of the weekend. :)

Kudos for the monken call out, I respect that. Think the vast majority of fans would throw a b!^@h fit if he got named lol

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Don’t think that’s been substantiated yet. 

Someone floated the idea of a giant panda bear on the sidelines too. Not sure if anyone’s gathered any supporting evidence of it though either.

Well i heard that today, then i come on here and see something someone threw out there about not being able to lock down the numbers on rhule so they threw a big number at urban and he took it.  So i was just trying to connect those two things possibly.  Which honestly makes sense, Rhule wants to coach, but the money needs to line up for Nebraska, Carolina, And Rhule.  So it could of been to me if it came down to it and nebraska was striking out on who they were trying to get, they threw a big number hail marry to Urban to lock this down.  My part of this is of course speculation, but if urban can be confirmed to be in lincoln at all within the past couple of days it would make it more substantial 

@gossamorharpy  I mean, we got Turkey day tomorrow and so much to be grateful for.  The following day is Husker football and last game for Seniors and whoever might be transferring out for whatever personal reasons.  Some people might even go shopping for a new TV before the game!  (Black Friday Deals chuckleshuffle)

I'm at the point that I really don't care, but also, cannot wait to see the intro & press conference.  Then it's 36 more weeks of offseason koolaid. 

Bottom line, we will be done with it (hiring new coach) and then on to recruits signing, incoming guys from the portal, spring ball, etc, etc.....  gonna be either fun and wild, or really boring lol. 

Go Big Red!