Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep. Carolina has next to no leverage considering they’re already on the hook for $40M.  Rhule has the most leverage because he doesn’t have to do a thing to collect that 40. I think Nebraska is in a very good position to get it done.  I could be wrong but I think it’s already done.

Rhule sitting one year collecting only compounds Carolina’s position. Do they really want to try this again later? In a dynamic as this the chances of an agreement increase. 

IF there’s a resolution, I’m sure that there were some concessions. Nebraska likely compiled data of how to most effectively address the compensation objections to present another proposal which consequently required additional time. 

Lots of moving parts! Always good to have a variety of options. It seems Trev has been playing his renju game pretty well. 

Another thing I've heard is Nebraska tried to back load his contract.    They were doing something along the lines of a 7 year/63M contract which looks good at 9M/year.  The issue was the first 4 years, it was really, really low.   Something like 18 mil in base salary and Rhule would still make the difference from Carolina.  The last 3 years were near $15 Mil a year with a decent buyout.   Nebraska thinking if he lasts through 4 years, he's worth the $15/Mil a year.   That's where when that contract was reviewed by Carolina they threw a fit and opened the door for litigation, and back to the drawing board Rhule's agent and Nebraska went.   And yes, Carolina will see the contract and sign off on it before anyone signs it.

1 minute ago, Toe said:

I'm afraid you won't be hearing anything.

Ladies and gentlemen, Genetics56 has deleted his account.

https://twitter.com/Genetics56/

1 minute ago, Toe said:

I'm afraid you won't be hearing anything.

Ladies and gentlemen, Genetics56 has deleted his account.

https://twitter.com/Genetics56/

Poor guy got called out one too many times and got his feelers all hurt. Lol

1 hour ago, huskerfan99 said:

6.5 mil for a staff. If true that would be awesome. 

The D line coach from A&M is a recruiter of the year type guy. 

Heard same thing from my friend. According to booster, contract agreed upon. Just need Carolina to sign off on it.

Here is something on DL coach from aTm website bio: Elijah Robinson

"In 2020, Robinson helped guide a veteran defensive line that led the SEC and was top-10 in the nation in total defense, also boasting a top-three ranking in the country in rushing defense. His guidance helped A&M post a program-best 8-1 regular season record against all SEC opponents and boast a top-five ranking through the end of the season. 

In his first season at Texas A&M, Robinson's unit helped the Aggies finished second in the league in rushing defense as they allowed just 95.2 yards per game, a 75.6 yard improvement from the 2017 season. The Maroon & White tallied 2.8 sacks per game as defensive tackles Justin Madubuike and Daylon Mack finished in the top-15 in sacks in the SEC. Robinson is largely credited with sparking Mack's resurgence as a senior that saw him go on to be drafted in the fifth round by the Baltimore Ravens in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Robinson coached the defensive line for former Baylor and current Carolina Panthers head coach Matt Rhule for four seasons at Baylor (2017) and Temple (2014-16). During that span, Robinson mentored seven players that earned all-conference accolades. 

He coached honorable mention All-Big 12 lineman Ira Lewis at Baylor in 2017 and he mentored six All-American Athletic Conference selections at Temple, including first-team picks Haason Reddick (2016), Matt Ionnidis (2015) and Nate D. Smith (2015).

The 2016 Owls rush defense ranked No. 2 in the AAC and 25th nationally, allowing just 130.4 yards per game, and met team's yearly defensive goal with a conference-best 40.0 sacks. In 2015, Temple recorded 32.0 sacks, including a season-high 10.0 in the Owls’ season-opening win against Penn State."

Impressive resume for young coach. Graduated from Penn St. in 2008.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1