Who should our next HC be?

11 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I will say again, i like Matt Rhule, he is my 1st choice.  But that is Urban money, that is Kiffin money.  Proven coach money, he is still somewhat of a risk.  Were not talking about chump change.  There is a big frigging difference between 7-9 million.  

Meyer would take around $11M I’d say. $7-8M is about right for Rhule. If it’s $9M that’s on the high side. Probably about what Kiffin would be worth. It would be on the high side for Rhule although not that much. 

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We paid that much extra to fire a guy 2 weeks early. I’d say there isn’t much difference at all if that’s what it takes to get the guy you want. It’s basically Monopoly money.

If a much less suitable candidate is paid $6-7M and is ultimately fired four years down the road what’s the cost of that?  

And as you say, if money is that much of an issue what’s the reasoning for dismissing a couple of weeks early…Was it of good enough benefit? 

Not investing in a coach now would be an extension of all the previous coach’s failures. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

I will say again, i like Matt Rhule, he is my 1st choice.  But that is Urban money, that is Kiffin money.  Proven coach money, he is still somewhat of a risk.  Were not talking about chump change.  There is a big frigging difference between 7-9 million.  

The last few days all everyone has been talking about is how Trev is "supposedly" being a cheapskate and now that it looks like he is stepping up to the plate to pay for the coach he wants it is spending too much? Always got to be something to complain about I guess.

• Plus1 5

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Didn't Riley get some crazy low ball salary after he got fired and we still had to pay?

Yes. He went back to Oregon State to be an assistant head coach or consultant depending on the source, and his salary was $50,004 per year.

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Please tell me what that picture means?

Don't know what it means but the address is 40 w 57th street NY NY

5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Everyone reading the Rhule press tour as a sign he is N, why? 

That's the weirdest smoke screen ever   

The word is out that Rhule took Nebraska off his list. True? I have no idea. No one knows who it is. As far as I know, it could be someone not even mentioned. I just hope it’s not someone who leaves disappointed like Riley, who came out of nowhere. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, M.A. said:

Meyer would take around $11M I’d say. $7-8M is about right for Rhule. If it’s $9M that’s on the high side. Probably about what Kiffin would be worth. It would be on the high side for Rhule although not that much. 

Mel Tucker makes about that much and in a few years that will be pretty much the standard for a decent coach. Rhule is a good coach he's worth it.

• Plus1 1

fickell honestly probably makes more sense. he can nearly double his salary and get to coach in the big10. we're not ohio state, but we are about as close as it gets in terms of fan support, facilities, pedigree, and resources.

rhule would be essentially working for free and has no midwest ties. it's kind of a weird fit.

• TBH 1

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Remove his first year at Temple and Baylor and it’s 44-22. Remove his first two years at each of those and it’s 31-10. Both places dumpster fire turnarounds.

I doubt I can sway you any as you seem set on another guy where apparently a 2-7 record doesn’t matter. But there is context involved in all of these numbers.

I’ll be a happy camper when Rhule is named HC in a few days.

Temple won 4 the year before he got there and he won 2 in his first year.  Baylor won 7 the year before he got there and he won 1 in his first year.  So it makes absolutely no sense to "remove" those from his resume.

If you have to remove huge swaths of a guy's resume to make it appear like a good resume, it's probably just not a very good resume.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

at this point I’m just sippin a cold one and lightin a phat one. At me in my mid 40s I kinda don’t give a f 

Let’s just play tough a$$ football. 

let’s just be tough. Kick some mf’ers in their mouth. Hit them hard and see who stands.

Win or lose, can we be tough for once? 

get us a tough a$$ football team 

I’ll cheer for that 

• Oh Yeah! 2