Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Temple won 4 the year before he got there and he won 2 in his first year.  Baylor won 7 the year before he got there and he won 1 in his first year.  So it makes absolutely no sense to "remove" those from his resume.

If you have to remove huge swaths of a guy's resume to make it appear like a good resume, it's probably just not a very good resume.

So you wouldn’t be happy to see something like 10-4, 10-3, 11-3 type records in a few years.  Noted.

I can barely remember the last time this program won 10 or 9 or even 8 games. You go ahead and hold out for whatever guy you think is gonna do better than that.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1

Which coach would not only make the guys already committed stay, and make guys who weren't committed before Frost was fired commit afterwards, when we had an interim coach with no guarantees and no head coach?

Seems like the guys committing (Coleman, especially) either know Mickey is being retained FOR SURE, or they know who the head coach is, and he's a guy they want to play for.

Is that Rhule? Fickell? Deion? Urban?

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Seems like the guys committing (Coleman, especially) either know Mickey is being retained FOR SURE, or they know who the head coach is, and he's a guy they want to play for.

I’m sure Mickey told them that he’d like to be here next year.  But I 10000% guarantee that a 18 year old kid has not been told who the next HC is.

• Plus1 4
Just now, Red Five said:

I get people complaining if we go cheap, but why the hell are people upset if we pay $9M/year instead of $6M or $7M?

Because nobody loves pocket watching more than Nebraska fans. "WeLL TO onLY would'VE taken $250k/year to CoACH HEre so that'S WhAT wE shouLD BE PayING."

Nerds.

Just now, Red Five said:

I’m sure Mickey told them that he’d like to be here next year.  But I 10000% guarantee that a 18 year old kid has not been told who the next HC is.

I would agree. That'd get leaked out pretty quick.

I feel like Mickey knows who the coach is going to be, and knows he's coming back, and that's why these guys are sticking with their commitments.

5 hours ago, I am I said:

at this point I’m just sippin a cold one and lightin a phat one. At me in my mid 40s I kinda don’t give a f 

Let’s just play tough a$$ football. 

let’s just be tough. Kick some mf’ers in their mouth. Hit them hard and see who stands.

Win or lose, can we be tough for once? 

get us a tough a$$ football team 

I’ll cheer for that 

I could be wrong, but that might be the boooooz talkin

It has nothing to do for me about being cheap.  But if you look at the top paid coaches in college,  alot of those guys have won very big. Im glad they opened up the check book but i would of wanted to see that kind of money if we were going to steal someone from somewhere.  Like if fickel is given 9 grand, ok.  But Its like paying top dollar for a flashy car and theres a giant scratch on the side.