Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Wow, he took over 2 bad programs & made them winners.  Take out the first year at each & its way different story.

Just take out this year for MSU, Indiana's last two, and those coaches are heroes.  Not enough body of work.  Rhule is a risk, but the flip side is our program is such a dumpster fire it may be the best we can do.  

I'll say for a 3rd time I'd take Fickell over Rhule 1000 out of 1000 times, even if I saw him in a blonde wig sitting on Urban's lap at a bar.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, DefenderAO said:

Just take out this year for MSU, Indiana's last two, and those coaches are heroes.  Not enough body of work.  Rhule is a risk, but the flip side is our program is such a dumpster fire it may be the best we can do.  

I'll say for a 3rd time I'd take Fickell over Rhule 1000 out of 1000 times, even if I saw him sitting on Urban's lap at a bar.

Disagree, a lot of the coaches posters want have issues of some kind.  If we are going 2nd tier, you might as well give mickey a shot.  Ruhle & Fickle are the best reasonable choices, other than Mickey.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Rhule is confirmed.

I had a dream last night. I was talking to TO outside Trev’s office. Just as his secretary let us in Rhule showed up and Trev said we’d have to wait till later because he had a contract to finalize. I asked Rhule if he was the next coach and he said yes. I said I want to hug you and he looked at me like “who’s this weirdo” and walked in and closed the door in my face :lol: 

Actual dream…..I may have been on the board too long last night.

I’m as big a fan as any, but I have never had a TO dream.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Disagree, a lot of the coaches posters want have issues of some kind.  If we are going 2nd tier, you might as well give mickey a shot.  Ruhle & Fickle are the best reasonable choices, other than Mickey.

Not saying going 2nd tier.  I'm saying Rhule's resume risks looking like Allen or Tucker with IU or MSU.  Obviously the parallels aren't perfect, but Fickell's time at OSU and repeated success at Cincinnati intrigues me as the best option here.

https://www.outkick.com/matt-rhule-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-contract-hiring-speculation/

"According to multiple reports, Rhule and Nebraska could be racing towards a contract agreement. On3.com reported Rhule is “back in play” for the Cornhuskers, HuskersCorner.com reported the announcement could come as soon as Friday and the Lincoln Journal Star claimed university employees have been told to prepare to host high profile boosters and Nebraska officials on as little as a 24-hour warning."

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, DefenderAO said:

Not saying going 2nd tier.  I'm saying Rhule's resume risks looking like Allen or Tucker with IU or MSU.  Obviously the parallels aren't perfect, but Fickell's time at OSU and repeated success at Cincinnati intrigues me as the best option here.

Rhule 's resume is misleading.  He took over a Baylor program that was ripped down to nothing & made them winners in 1.5 years.  I don't believe we are that bad.  He also improved Carolina def. when he was there.  His problem was offense.  Whoever is our coach, they need quality coordinators not their friends!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

Why I’m Doubling Down It’s Rhule So That I Can Be Completely Wrong In A Few Days

I want to start this post out by saying Trev has done a phenomenal job keeping this pretty buttoned up.

No one really knows which direction this thing is going to go. But I do get more information than most,

so I want to walk through how i’ve landed on Rhule still being the guy. After all, i’ve watched media

members say he’s the guy then go on major message boards or even to their paper and say he’s off

the table, only to put him back on it. But a week ago I told you I thought this is the way it was leaning,

yesterday I said I think it’s him, so let me just try to solidify my thought process for you. ..................

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Rhule 's resume is misleading.  He took over a Baylor program that was ripped down to nothing & made them winners in 1.5 years.  I don't believe we are that bad.  He also improved Carolina def. when he was there.  His problem was offense.  Whoever is our coach, they need quality coordinators not their friends!

Ding !  

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Rhule is confirmed.

I had a dream last night. I was talking to TO outside Trev’s office. Just as his secretary let us in Rhule showed up and Trev said we’d have to wait till later because he had a contract to finalize. I asked Rhule if he was the next coach and he said yes. I said I want to hug you and he looked at me like “who’s this weirdo” and walked in and closed the door in my face :lol: 

Actual dream…..I may have been on the board too long last night.

How many gummies did you have last night?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

It has nothing to do for me about being cheap.  But if you look at the top paid coaches in college,  alot of those guys have won very big. Im glad they opened up the check book but i would of wanted to see that kind of money if we were going to steal someone from somewhere.  Like if fickel is given 9 grand, ok.  But Its like paying top dollar for a flashy car and theres a giant scratch on the side. 

I am well documented about wanting Fickell. He has been my guy all along. But in terms of comparison, I believe Fickell has had 3 seasons with 10 or more wins, which is exactly what Rhule has…. and Rhule would probably have more if he didn’t jump to the NFL.  They are very comparable. If you are willing to pay Fickell, Rhule can’t be far behind. With that said, I am on your side wanting LF.

• Plus1 4