Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

https://www.outkick.com/matt-rhule-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-contract-hiring-speculation/

"According to multiple reports, Rhule and Nebraska could be racing towards a contract agreement. On3.com reported Rhule is “back in play” for the Cornhuskers, HuskersCorner.com reported the announcement could come as soon as Friday and the Lincoln Journal Star claimed university employees have been told to prepare to host high profile boosters and Nebraska officials on as little as a 24-hour warning."

Outkick referencing HuskerCorner is :chefskiss:

59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Rhule is confirmed.

I had a dream last night. I was talking to TO outside Trev’s office. Just as his secretary let us in Rhule showed up and Trev said we’d have to wait till later because he had a contract to finalize. I asked Rhule if he was the next coach and he said yes. I said I want to hug you and he looked at me like “who’s this weirdo” and walked in and closed the door in my face :lol: 

Actual dream…..I may have been on the board too long last night.

Not gonna lie, i had a dream about talking to Matt Rhule about being the next coach also

• Oh Yeah! 1

I love the "back in play" reference from Sipple. It's like we talked to Rhule, it didn't work, but now we're back talking to him again.

And Sipple knows all that, knows enough about the process so far to use that reference, but won't say who is actually being interviewed, who turned us down, who's a tentative yes, etc.

--OR-- he's just making S up to sell subscriptions.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Which coach would not only make the guys already committed stay, and make guys who weren't committed before Frost was fired commit afterwards, when we had an interim coach with no guarantees and no head coach?

Seems like the guys committing (Coleman, especially) either know Mickey is being retained FOR SURE, or they know who the head coach is, and he's a guy they want to play for.

Is that Rhule? Fickell? Deion? Urban?

I think that they’re trusting Mickey. He’s that good. He’s sold them on coming to Nebraska and that they’re going to be part of a successful program. They’re going to receive good coaching and to be patient.

I really don’t think that they’ve been told who the coach will be. There’s no way it could be kept quiet. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Rhule is confirmed.

I had a dream last night. I was talking to TO outside Trev’s office. Just as his secretary let us in Rhule showed up and Trev said we’d have to wait till later because he had a contract to finalize. I asked Rhule if he was the next coach and he said yes. I said I want to hug you and he looked at me like “who’s this weirdo” and walked in and closed the door in my face :lol: 

Actual dream…..I may have been on the board too long last night.

19 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Not gonna lie, i had a dream about talking to Matt Rhule about being the next coach also

16 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I had a dream earlier this week that I talked Trev into shelling out for Urban, so if we're taking dreams seriously... :horns2

I was sitting at a bar at a steakhouse Friday night and (admittedly after a couple/few martinis) looked across the bar and swore I saw Urban Meyer. Said to my wife, "Holy s#!t that's Urban Meyer." She looks at him then looks at me and says, "The waiter?" which is when I noticed he was dressed like the waiters.

I think we all may need to step away from the coaching search for a little while.

• Haha 5
  • Oh Yeah! 2