Who should our next HC be?

20 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

Does the next HC have to care about Nebraska?.....NO.  If we hire a coach who is already rich and just wants to win to feed their ego and get launched back into the NFL, he will win games and plenty of them.  It's more about the career for the truely professional coaches.  Come here and lose like Frost and your career is over.  If Rhule comes here and wins double digits for 2 years after a mulligan first year and leaves for the NFL, we will be the better for it and will be a much more attractive destination for we will not be a complete rebuild for the next HC. We need a coach that can get us back into being relevant.  

We hire coaches that often anyway, might as well be because some other team actually wanted our coach for a change. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Don't shoot the messenger but I can confirm there will be a presser, to name the next Husker coach, in the next 144 hours.

My jobs today: help get us to 750 and to use my magnificent pee stream to remove all crap stains, on the side of the toilet, left by my family after Thanksgiving dinner, and I have ran out of pee.

I wonder, as theorized, why I was hearing so much Urban talk downtown?  Was he the go-between for Fickell?   I wonder too, does is Trev sleeping well at nights or is he ridden with anxiety like half this board.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Don't shoot the messenger but I can confirm there will be a presser, to name the next Husker coach, in the next 144 hours.

My jobs today: help get us to 750 and to use my magnificent pee stream to remove all crap stains, on the side of the toilet, left by my family after Thanksgiving dinner, and I have ran out of pee.

I wonder, as theorized, why I was hearing so much Urban talk downtown?  Was he the go-between for Fickell?   I wonder too, does is Trev sleeping well at nights or is he ridden with anxiety like half this board.

Pretty sure they'll announce something on Monday,....since that was the plan the whole time.

33 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

We got one of the top picks of the lot every time except for Riley which should of never happened.  Callahan coming off a superbowl.  Bo coming off a natty at LSU.  Scott coming off an undefeated season.  We are still going to get one of the top picks and still a top destination in money, facilities, and fan support.  If the money is there, they will come. 

Can't really agree with a lot of this.

While Callahan did take them to the 2002 SB, the 2003 season was an unmitigated disaster. He lost the locker room which was ready to mutiny against him and ended up being fired. The "dumbest team in America" comment will never be forgotten. He was a desperation hire by Pederson after every other coach he contacted turned us down.

Bo was a hot commodity as a DC but had zero HC experience. And even though it ended up working out pretty well I wouldn't consider him a top pick when compared to others coaches with previous HC experience.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Pretty sure they'll announce something on Monday,....since that was the plan the whole time.

Why would you say monday and not Saturday or Sunday like they do most of the time.  Or is that not most of the time and i dont remember what day they do this.  I say if its Urban, or Rhule its on saturday.  If its a coach still coaching its Sunday or Beyond.

Just now, lo country said:

Maybe they announce it after the game tomorrow....

That would be kind of trashy. Win or lose you wait at least a day to announce the new hire. The only thing is that's Saturday and a big day for college football. I'm expecting an 11am Sunday announcement.

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Squirt a little Dawn dish soap around the bowl and some in the tank if you want. Let it sit overnight or several hours while away. It does wonders. :flush 

Personally I don’t think Urban was a go-between. There might’ve been conversations. That’s about it.

I’m guessing Trev’s had many late nights and early mornings over the course of the last 70+ days.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

That would be kind of trashy. Win or lose you wait at least a day to announce the new hire. The only thing is that's Saturday and a big day for college football. I'm expecting an 11am Sunday announcement.

Announce it Friday night so it’s talked about on Gameday/Big Noon and all day during games.

• Fire 4
12 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Can't really agree with a lot of this.

While Callahan did take them to the 2002 SB, the 2003 season was an unmitigated disaster. He lost the locker room which was ready to mutiny against him and ended up being fired. The "dumbest team in America" comment will never be forgotten. He was a desperation hire by Pederson after every other coach he contacted turned us down.

Bo was a hot commodity as a DC but had zero HC experience. And even though it ended up working out pretty well I wouldn't consider him a top pick when compared to others coaches with previous HC experience.

Was not saying Bill was a good coach.  Was just pointing out that he was a top candidate at the time of his hire.  

I should add..a top candidate in the world of football..not necessarily in the minds of Husker fans.  

17 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

It's the pissing off the crap stains for me. Also, 750.

• Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Why would you say monday and not Saturday or Sunday like they do most of the time.  Or is that not most of the time and i dont remember what day they do this.  I say if its Urban, or Rhule its on saturday.  If its a coach still coaching its Sunday or Beyond.

I don't think it's Meyer or Rhule, they could announce them any time. I just think they'll give them time to get back home and make a proper announcement, which could be Sunday I guess. I've just been hearing Monday a lot from people who know things.
Now I'm hearing on this podcast that it might be a week later if that coach is in a championship game.

• Haha 2