Who should our next HC be?

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So you wouldn’t be happy to see something like 10-4, 10-3, 11-3 type records in a few years.  Noted.

I can barely remember the last time this program won 10 or 9 or even 8 games. You go ahead and hold out for whatever guy you think is gonna do better than that.

I think Kiffen and Fickell would be great hires without ignoring a majority of their resumes and without giving them credit for successful seasons in the future that may or may never happen here.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

It will be funny if Kiffin is our guy.

Closest thing to faux pelini... funny indeed.  

My sources still don't know anything.   They are pretty exhausted with the wait like the rest of us.   The not knowing has taken its toll internally as well. 

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think Kiffen and Fickell would be great hires without ignoring a majority of their resumes and without giving them credit for successful seasons in the future that may or may never happen here.

I’m perfectly fine with Kiffin or Fickell or Rhule. I think they’re all tier one hires.

Any of them will have to earn credit for future successful seasons. Frost was a 1A hire at the time and we saw how that went. None of them are guaranteed.

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't think it's Meyer or Rhule, they could announce them any time. I just think they'll give them time to get back home and make a proper announcement, which could be Sunday I guess. I've just been hearing Monday a lot from people who know things.
Now I'm hearing on this podcast that it might be a week later if that coach is in a championship game.

Even if it is Rhule or Urban, although they realistically could announce anytime, they won’t. Trev will respect MJ enough to wait until after the Iowa game…. So the timing theory means nothing…. It could still be either of those guys.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
35 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't think it's Meyer or Rhule, they could announce them any time. I just think they'll give them time to get back home and make a proper announcement, which could be Sunday I guess. I've just been hearing Monday a lot from people who know things.
Now I'm hearing on this podcast that it might be a week later if that coach is in a championship game.

While they don't have a job, the team is still playing. Trev is probably allowing Mickey to play out the season without the distraction that the new coach is looking over his shoulder.

Announcing after the season makes it so the new coach can just walk into his office and start working.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
39 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't think it's Meyer or Rhule, they could announce them any time.

If it was Meyer (I'm 99.9% certain it's not, but if it was) he's been doing college football broadcasting this entire season. It's perfectly logical he would not want to announce it and then make it a talking point all season long on broadcast, even in this last week.

In regards to Rhule, his contract with Carolina has made things complicated. Sounds like that may have been a major sticking point in negotiations.

But that's all subsidiary to the likelihood that Trev and the administration didn't want to take away from the players' season by formally focusing all of the attention on the next head coach. These kids have already been through an unfortunate ringer no player should have to go through, and Trev made it a point when he fired Frost to say he thought changing the coach would give them a better chance to make something of their season... hearing a new voice and message. It would be hypocritical to then announce a new head coach and take that all away from them.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2