Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Yeah. All that winning they do over there makes that a certainty! Poor fans. 

Winning against who? 

I look forward to the day that Husker fans stop using iowa as a bench mark for our football program.  Iowa is barely by the skin of thier teeth beating us when we are our worst in 60 years.  That tells you everything you need to know about iowa. 

5 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

Winning against who? 

I look forward to the day that Husker fans stop using iowa as a bench mark for our football program.  Iowa is barely by the skin of thier teeth beating us when we are our worst in 60 years.  That tells you everything you need to know about iowa. 

The teams on their schedule.  Wins are wins and they win more games than they lose.  We simply don't anymore. Your comment tells me everything I need to know about what version of reality you live in.  You can hope for stuff to happen, but ya might wanna accept reality first.

1 hour ago, HANC said:

Even if it is Rhule or Urban, although they realistically could announce anytime, they won’t. Trev will respect MJ enough to wait until after the Iowa game…. So the timing theory means nothing…. It could still be either of those guys.

I don’t know, we’re talking about the feelings of Mickey plus a handful of guys. If this is big boy football, not sure I’d sacrifice the upside of an early announcement for the entire program to protect the feels of a few guys.

12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The teams on their schedule.  Wins are wins and they win more games than they lose.  We simply don't anymore. Your comment tells me everything I need to know about what version of reality you live in.  You can hope for stuff to happen, but ya might wanna accept reality first.

Beating a bunch of cupcakes and non bowling teams is something to hang your hat on?  And I need the reality check? 

Speaking of reality checks, iowa is about to get another one when they get a 40-50 point drudging from OSU for the B1G champ game. "But hey, they won enough games to limp to a bowl and barely beat a 3 win Nebraska, so its all ok."  Even hard-core Iowa fans would tell you they are not that good. 

20 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I don’t know, we’re talking about the feelings of Mickey plus a handful of guys. If this is big boy football, not sure I’d sacrifice the upside of an early announcement for the entire program to protect the feels of a few guys.

How much of an upside does waiting a day or two actually have?? Pretty much NONE. The upside would be showing the current staff and players that you respect and appreciate them means a lot for culture if you are the AD. It is to NO advantage to announce before the Iowa game is over. Announcing early only is important to impatient fans, not the program.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

Beating a bunch of cupcakes and non bowling teams is something to hang your hat on?  And I need the reality check? 

Speaking of reality checks, iowa is about to get another one when they get a 40-50 point drudging from OSU for the B1G champ game. "But hey, they won enough games to limp to a bowl and barely beat a 3 win Nebraska, so its all ok."  Even hard-core Iowa fans would tell you they are not that good. 

No one said they were Ohio State, we are talking about being better than Nebraska.  Their "non" bowling wins include these teams that are going bowling:

Wisconsin

Illinois

Minnesota

Purdue

All teams we can't beat. Yes dude, you need the reality check. I don't give a crap what you THINK we should be, I am telling you to accept what we ARE. You are talking about hypotheticals, which by definition, is not reality. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
18 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

Just a little problem with this Bill Clinton did not become governor of Arkansas until 1993.

My mistake, Clinton wasn't governor, he was the Attorney General.

William Jefferson Clinton is an American politician who served as the 42nd president of the United States from 1993 to 2001. He previously served as governor of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981 and again from 1983 to 1992, and as attorney general of Arkansas from 1977 to 1979. Wikipedia

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

My mistake, Clinton wasn't governor, he was the Attorney General.

William Jefferson Clinton is an American politician who served as the 42nd president of the United States from 1993 to 2001. He previously served as governor of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981 and again from 1983 to 1992, and as attorney general of Arkansas from 1977 to 1979. Wikipedia

like i said earlier no way should I be looking up facts or trying to remember facts after 3 knob creeks.

all good.