Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, The Whale said:

I don't think Rhule has been on the list for at least 3-4 weeks now (if ever).

Over on the platinum board insiders are saying Rhule is a done deal. They are saying the final contract was reviewed last night by the Panthers and no hiccups there so expect a announcement this weekend probably Sunday or Monday 

1 minute ago, talaricohusker said:

Over on the platinum board insiders are saying Rhule is a done deal. They are saying the final contract was reviewed last night by the Panthers and no hiccups there so expect a announcement this weekend probably Sunday or Monday 

I guess we'll know soon. He wouldn't make my Top 5 list. If it's Rhule, I'd bet we paid $6 million or less annually for him.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, The Whale said:

I guess we'll know soon. He wouldn't make my Top 5 list. If it's Rhule, I'd bet we paid $6 million or less annually for him.

I am not arguing with you bc Fickell is my guy, but not your top 5??? Rhule is pretty much universally consider a teir 1 option. How many other teir 1 guys do you have ranked ahead of him?

• Plus1 1
On 11/22/2022 at 9:54 PM, Stone Cold said:

Clearly you have more of a life than the rest of us.  My boss is actually aware that i surf huskerboard daily until this coaching search is over.  I had to explain to him that being a hawkeye fan and having basically the same coach for 40 years he has no idea the attention this takes.

I have been listening to Adam Carriker lately. He has some interesting thoughts but no one that hasn’t been mentioned here. The coach from Baylor (Aruda?) would be good. Leipold would have been nice as he has had experience starting from scratch and has been successful where he’s been. It will be a big job whoever gets it. I don’t want Meyer. He’s unstable (health wise) and so much negative baggage. 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am not arguing with you bc Fickell is my guy, but not your top 5??? Rhule is pretty much universally consider a teir 1 option. How many other teir 1 guys do you have ranked ahead of him?

1. Meyer

2. Kiffin

3. Aranda

4. Klieman

5. Campbell

6. Gundy

7. Clawson

8. Bielema

9. Franklin

10. Shaw

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I have been listening to Adam Carriker lately. He has some interesting thoughts but no one that hasn’t been mentioned here. The coach from Baylor (Aruda?) would be good. Leipold would have been nice as he has had experience starting from scratch and has been successful where he’s been. It will be a big job whoever gets it. I don’t want Meyer. He’s unstable (health wise) and so much negative baggage. 

Whomever it is will be a high character guy reflecting Trev's values and represent the program well. Rhule, Fickell, Klieman. 

• Plus1 1