Who should our next HC be?

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I don’t even like BB that much, but what an embarrassment. I’m winning to give $20 for the cause 

and that is willing. 

I might be a bigger basketball fan than football fan, and the only time I watch Nebrasketball over the last 8-10 years is when they come to Omaha and lately that's been more than I can stomach.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, sho said:

I'm watching the Vikings game, any chance someone can find a clip of it and post it?

Mike Leach basically said Nebraska, Pirates and Sasquatch are a mysterious thing of the past.  And no one has seen any of them in decades.

Just kidding, I didn't see it either.  But it sounds like him, right? 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Kiffen does seem distracted. Ole Miss flamed out on what could have been a great season. Losing that rivalry game at home stings. Not a good look for a coach supposedly on the rise. His mind is probably elsewhere.

Serious question, do you think that is a serious thing.  If he is out of there and goes anywhere,  Auburn, Nebraska whatever.  Do you think he let the team lose so they took him leaving easier.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, gossamorharpy said:

I dunno man. To me, losing when you’re up 11 in the 4th, at home, with the wind swirling against a one dimensional offense is simply inexcusable. 

Just for the record, that’s hindsight analysis.

Back in August, I wouldn’t have thought we’d be leading Wisconsin by 11 at any point in the 4th quarter this year. If you did, you probably also didn’t expect us to be 3-8 after time expired in that game.

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Serious question, do you think that is a serious thing.  If he is out of there and goes anywhere,  Auburn, Nebraska whatever.  Do you think he let the team lose so they took him leaving easier.

No, but if he has committed to going elsewhere, he could have LastDay-itis where you go through the motions until you leave.  If he is leaving, he probably didn't prep as hard, game plan as much etc.  Why bother if you aren't there.   Not saying it's an intentional loss, but there was no care or desire to push to win either.

13 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I just don’t see that. Not with his circumstances. He’d want to punctuate with a win on the way out. I don’t think that Lane’s going anywhere anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Picture it, Trev is up at the podium on Sunday, saying its been a long road but weve got our guy, and hes always wanted to come where his father put his time in.  And in walks Kiffin

Kane New entrance 2012 on Make a GIF

Well, the announcement is going to be in a different venue than where it normally is…. 

Since the title is who SHOULD be our next coach, I will stick with Fickell. I still don't buy all the circle jerk smoke about Rhule. I think this is a bunch of self fulfilling rumors from people who don't actually have inside information.  I get the feeling no one has actual information, including the local media, and they are butt hurt about it.  You shouldn't be surprised about a completely unexpected hire, but almost everyone will be.  I expect the unexpected now.

• TBH 2
2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Do we all feel that at least any of the names that have been floating around the past few days are a upgrade from what we had in August.  That at least they will get it turned around, foolish pride or not any of them could upgrade where were at now.

Without a doubt.

• Plus1 1