Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Kiffin  - been everywhere  - done nothing.

Does he even break .500 on the wins and losses?

Why do people say his name?

Yeah he wins way more than he loses and his philosophy actually fits Nebraska nicely.  I believe his team is 3rd in the country running the ball.

I know where you're coming from, he would have been a preposterous candidate 10 years ago, before Saban taught him how to coach.  Right now he's in the top tier of possible candidates.

And of course he also gets mentioned because his dad was DC for Devaney and he was born in Lincoln and all that. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://youtu.be/pgfu9YWioXc Matt Rhule interview from 2 days ago. Don't know if anyone has posted it. I watched it and to me it sounds like he wants to stay coaching in the NFL.  But you can judge it for yourself.

I don't see it, but you're not the first one who's mentioned that. It was also the NFL Network so talk likely to be more NFL-centric.

• Fire 1

I will be curious to see how long we have had "our guy'.   I was told, by someone very very close in the contract department, over 35 days ago; we already had him.  I find it very hard to believe that whole department could keep a secret like this - that long.  I just wanted to wet my beak with some legit info on who.

At some point, stories will be written how the "process" was successful and some of the setbacks the were experience etc...  Were we faked out with stories fed to us by "internal sources" or did no one really ever know until the last moment?  If the former is true, then we can expect a very unique hire (Urban/Fickle/ Kiffen/dare I still say Locksley) or  (latter) is it over-coming the Panther's financial obstacles and it is Ruhle?  Either way, the light is at the end of tunnel and we will all know very soon.   It does feel like Christmas Eve with all the speculation.   I just hope when one was opening a large box of a live animal; your parents got you a cat instead of a well bred hunting dog.  I saw two ladies walking their cat on the MoPac trail nd it did not look normal.

I will miss the speculation.anticipation/anxiety eating and drinking like genital warts, yes it was fun while we were in engaged, but I am so looking forward to moving ahead with our guy.  Beat Iowa and GBR.

P.S.  Can we got to 800 before the announcement? This is the finest as semblance of members anywhere.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

12 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

You have Campbell, Franklin, and Bielema who have just signed and resigned contracts, plus there in our backyard.  And campbell,  where in out of left field did that come from.  

That was my original list from when SF was fired. It's never been updated.

12 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

You have Campbell, Franklin, and Bielema who have just signed and resigned contracts, plus there in our backyard.  And campbell,  where in out of left field did that come from.  

Where did Campbell come from?  He probably was Trev's first favorite, and may still be for all we know. Put that in your mind as an option.