Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

I love Rhule, but what happened to Trev talking about not winning the press conference? Out of everyone available, he's the most polished and biggest press conference guy. 

I am not following, are you implying that TA hired Rhule because he will win the presser?

• Thanks 1
Just now, gorp512 said:

I love Rhule, but what happened to Trev talking about not winning the press conference? Out of everyone available, he's the most polished and biggest press conference guy. 

Maybe Trev is not a great orator and maybe if Rhule beefs up our lines I won't care what anyone says at a press conference.

2 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I am not following, are you implying that TA hired Rhule because he will win the presser?

My fault for being unclear. He made a big point about NOT looking for a press conference guy and Rhule is a HUGE press conference guy. An East Coast smooth talker. He's a great coach, as well, but just seems odd

2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

My fault for being unclear. He made a big point about NOT looking for a press conference guy and Rhule is a HUGE press conference guy. An East Coast smooth talker. He's a great coach, as well, but just seems odd

I think what Trev meant is that he’s going to hire a great head coach first, and not focus on a guy who will win the press conference. I think the fact that Rhule is good with the media is a bonus, and not something that should tell us that Trev “went against his word”. 

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

I thought Trev meant he didn’t have to hire the Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops type of name and mystique….. he is going to hire the he feel is right, regardless.  Face it, some will be underwhelmed with Rhule bc of his Carolina experience…. Trev does not care what some think and hat is how I viewed that statement… interpretation 

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I think what Trev meant is that he’s going to hire a great head coach first, and not focus on a guy who will win the press conference. I think the fact that Rhule is good with the media is a bonus, and not something that should tell us that Trev “went against his word”. 

Fair enough. 

8 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

TA said he was not going to hire someone just to win the first presser, that was a reference to the SF hire. His point was that he was going to hire who he feels is the right candidate based his research. That being said, if a person is the right candidate, you don’t NOT hire him if he also happens to be a good presser guy. 

• Plus1 1

Well this makes sense, like how the frost info got leaked during there championship game.  I am stoaked but, really i understand why we waited but this isnt a suprise, like not at all.  If we didnt want to distract the team, then i understand that.  But if we waited 2 months for this, it seems almost like this is the person we had all along then why jerk everyone along.  The team would of won or lost reguardless.  I think thats the biggest frustration because of how long they waited.  I dont know, i am happy with Rhule, I would of been happy with Fickell and Kiffin and that is what it seemed we were holding out for was the end of the season.  But we have a guy we knew we were gonna get a month ago.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Well this makes sense, like how the frost info got leaked during there championship game.  I am stoaked but, really i understand why we waited but this isnt a suprise, like not at all.  If we didnt want to distract the team, then i understand that.  But if we waited 2 months for this, it seems almost like this is the person we had all along then why jerk everyone along.  The team would of won or lost reguardless.  I think thats the biggest frustration because of how long they waited.  I dont know, i am happy with Rhule, I would of been happy with Fickell and Kiffin and that is what it seemed we were holding out for was the end of the season.  But we have a guy we knew we were gonna get a month ago.

I think it has to do with the contract and negotiation with Carolina. Report seems to suggest that didn’t get finalized until earlier this week??? I am guessing