Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Rhuler of the World said:

Why are so many fans opposed to the hire? I'd think he can recruit talent from Texas, and hopefully he'll keep Mickey onboard to recruit Louisiana. Things are looking up in my opinion!

He did that while at...Baylor. We will only get the scraps Texas, A&M, Baylor, Tech, SMU, and TCU don't want.

6 minutes ago, Caveman said:

He did that while at...Baylor. We will only get the scraps Texas, A&M, Baylor, Tech, SMU, and TCU don't want.

Not necessarily, Bo and others pulled top level talents out of Texas such as Rex, Jamal, and others, it is possible to pull a few top level players from TX each year. Rhule’s connections surly help that.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Not necessarily, Bo and others pulled top level talents out of Texas such as Rex, Jamal, and others, it is possible to pull a few top level players from TX each year. Rhule’s connections surly help that.

That pipeline diminished once we left the Big 12, plus Jamal was related to a former Husker.

6 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Buddy, Ruhle took Baylor to the Sugar Bowl.  Do you have any idea what I would do to get a Sugar Bowl berth?!  I'd take 84HuskerLaw off ignore!  I'd willingly read Scarlet Pumpernickle's posts!  AND I'D UPVOTE THEM.

Scott Frost won a national championship at UCF and we all know how well that translated at Nebraska.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Caveman said:

That pipeline diminished once we left the Big 12, plus Jamal was related to a former Husker.

They pulled several gems out of Texas after joining the B1G, the biggest issue was that Riley didn’t recruit TX at all and that dried the pipeline. SF started to try again to a lesser extent, but Rhule’s connections should help re-invigorate that.

I get it , and yes, getting to the Sugar Bowl (and losing to Georgia) was a feat.  But to me,  that is similar to -

1.  Callahan coached in the Super Bowl!

2.  Riley continuously did more with less at Oregon St,  and if only he had the resources at a place like NU !

3.  Wow, Frost went undefeated at UCF and coached Mariota! 

I don’t want a single highlight coach.  Might as well keep Mickey.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

I get it , and yes, getting to the Sugar Bowl (and losing to Georgia) was a feat.  But to me,  that is similar to -

2.  Riley continuously did more with less at Oregon St,  and if only he had the resources at a place like NU !

Rhule won 10 games twice at Temple and won 10 games at Baylor. Many of his players were on Baylor’s team who won the Big 12 last year, and now Baylor has struggled without those players. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Except Rhule isn’t a single highlight Coach. He has coached Temple to 2 10 win seasons and a conference title over 4 seasons. He then went on to build Baylor to a 11 win team over 3 seasons. He has 7 years of college HC experience vs SF who only had 2 seasons; including 3 at a power 5 level, which SF didn’t have. 

• Plus1 3