Who should our next HC be?

15 minutes ago, Caveman said:

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may at Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

Rhule coached ONE good season at Baylor, which consisted of wins over mediocre teams. He has never built an elite team in a P5 conference. He may at Nebraska, but that's far from guaranteed. 

He’s never built a P5 team? Baylor had 45 scholarship players and 1 commit when he took over. Year 3 they are in the Big 12 championship and playing in the Sugar Bowl. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, theknife said:

He’s never built a P5 team? Baylor had 45 scholarship players and 1 commit when he took over. Year 3 they are in the Big 12 championship and playing in the Sugar Bowl. 

That squad did not beat a single ranked team. I would not consider them elite.

• TBH 1

And Urban would have pi$$ed people off bc of his lack of ethics, Deion would pi$$ people off bc he hasn’t been power 5, guys were bitc!ng abot Fickell, MJ wouldn’t get a serious look anywhere but here…..yada, yada, yada… do I need to go on??? People like negativity, that’s what they do. I am not saying they are wrong, just saying it was inevitable that people were going to complain.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 3

14 minutes ago, theknife said:

And his first class had nothing but 3* kids that were the "leadership" in 2019.  I think he did all right.

11 minutes ago, Caveman said:

That squad did not beat a single ranked team. I would not consider them elite.

Here is a great article (older) that refutes a lot of the "never beat a ranked team".  Rhule might turn out ot be bad, but it won't be because he never beat a ranked team...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2137102-top-college-football-coaches-who-excel-and-struggle-against-top-25-teams

Not only do 89 percent of the top level of college coaches have a losing record against ranked opponents, but 51—or 40 percent of the field—have never won a single game against a Top 25 team.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Caveman said:

He did that while at...Baylor. We will only get the scraps Texas, A&M, Baylor, Tech, SMU, and TCU don't want.

And he did that when Baylor was in the crapper too.  By some of the remarks on here, you'd think Nebraska had fired Vince Lombardi in Sept and not SF.   Every coach is a risk in some way.   We can find something negative about everyone.  Rhule has more upside than downside in my opinion.  He coached the OL, he rebuilt two totally different programs at two different levels.  If he had not had his Carolina experience, I think there would be less negativity.  If we were about to hire him after his 3rd year at Baylor, he would be the hot coach hire of the year and I think most would be excited to getting him after 3 bad years of SF.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

8 minutes ago, lo country said:

Here is a great article (older) that refutes a lot of the "never beat a ranked team".  Rhule might turn out ot be bad, but it won't be because he never beat a ranked team...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2137102-top-college-football-coaches-who-excel-and-struggle-against-top-25-teams

Not only do 89 percent of the top level of college coaches have a losing record against ranked opponents, but 51—or 40 percent of the field—have never won a single game against a Top 25 team.

My question to those who continually bring up that very lame stat…bc it is a lazy argument… how many times was he favored to win those games??? I am sure while at Temple he was the favorite, not playing well above their head. At Baylor he took top 5 teams to the brink. How many times did his teams lose the ones they were supposed to win???

I think @caveman had his sight set on some other coach and is disappointed Trev didn't consult him.   With Rhule we won't have to google his name like MR,  He has much deeper coaching experience then either SF or Bo had when we hired them, and he has been a successful college coach - something Calahan was not.   So, he has more upside than any of our other post Solich coaches in my opinion.  

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Honestly it was impressive that Rhule backed up his first 10 win season at Temple with another one. He didn’t leave there as soon as he had any success.

He also would have been a fool to turn down what Carolina offered him to leave Baylor. 

Mark my words, if it is Rhule, he’ll quickly be considered a worse hire than Callahan. If Rhule gets the job, I’ll be done with Huskers football.