Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Correct!!! But that is overlooked by the lazy complaining about ranked teams

Truth. I think that being fired from the Panthers probably tarnishes the hire.  But he made some mistakes at Carolina.  Brought Brady, Phil Snow as his DC from Baylor (also fired) and had like 9 starting QB's his first 2.5 seasons.  not to mention a one dimensional O with McCaffrey and vetarn team that hadn't won a whole lot...The whole culture thing.  And it's easier to coach and motivate kids wanting to get to the show and the money vs guys in the show with money....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Truth. I think that being fired from the Panthers probably tarnishes the hire.  But he made some mistakes at Carolina.  Brought Brady, Phil Snow as his DC from Baylor (also fired) and had like 9 starting QB's his first 2.5 seasons.  not to mention a one dimensional O with McCaffrey and vetarn team that hadn't won a whole lot...The whole culture thing.  And it's easier to coach and motivate kids wanting to get to the show and the money vs guys in the show with money....

Exactly, and McCaffrey couldn’t stay healthy 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, HANC said:

And Urban would have pi$$ed people off bc of his lack of ethics, Deion would pi$$ people off bc he hasn’t been power 5, guys were bitc!ng abot Fickell, MJ wouldn’t get a serious look anywhere but here…..yada, yada, yada… do I need to go on??? People like negativity, that’s what they do. I am not saying they are wrong, just saying it was inevitable that people were going to complain.

Agree that some do complain just to complain.

I have supported every coach that has been hired and will support Rhule if he is the guy. 

My problem is that I am getting a little burnt out over putting all the hope (hype)into the next Husker Savior.

Instead of waving the flags over a Super Bowl Coach, or the defensive genius Coach, or the if-he-had-resources-he’d-win Coach, or the UCF national champ Coach and crowning Rhule as the elite program builder ….. let’s just take it all with a grain of salt and realize that he may or may not be successful , and not disparage those who look on with a little doubt.  

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, secretasianman said:

Agree that some do complain just to complain.

I have supported every coach that has been hired and will support Rhule if he is the guy. 

My problem is that I am getting a little burnt out over putting all the hope (hype)into the next Husker Savior.

Instead of waving the flags over a Super Bowl Coach, or the defensive genius Coach, or the if-he-had-resources-he’d-win Coach, or the UCF national champ Coach and crowning Rhule as the elite program builder ….. let’s just take it all with a grain of salt and realize that he may or may not be successful , and not disparage those who look on with a little doubt.  

Great post. I wasn’t singling out individuals, just pointing out that regardless of who was hired, someone was going to be unhappy 

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Aimless only if you have a closed mind.  There were previous posts & quotes on this thread showing how Rhule had built great relationships with many top Texas HS coaches.  I have no doubt that he'll be able to take advantage of those past relationships. 

I will bet on oil boosters, proximity, and recent success over Rhule's emoji game with high-school coaches. Do you think those Texas kids grew up dreaming about Nebraska or one of their in-state institutions?  

We will get some kids, but only the ones passed on or missed by the Texas programs.

5 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Sadly, if it's Rhule I doubt MJ stays and that means many (if not most) of the recruits are gone too.

The next HC was extremely unlikely to keep anyone currently on the coaching staff regardless of who is hired. People need to just let go of the idea the recruiting class can somehow be saved - it can't. There might be a player or two that's starting someday but for the most part it's a write-off. It's part of the price of firing a HC.

21 minutes ago, The Whale said:

Mark my words, if it is Rhule, he’ll quickly be considered a worse hire than Callahan. If Rhule gets the job, I’ll be done with Huskers football.

khabib-adios.gif

• Plus1 2