Who should our next HC be?

6 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Agree that some do complain just to complain.

I have supported every coach that has been hired and will support Rhule if he is the guy. 

My problem is that I am getting a little burnt out over putting all the hope (hype)into the next Husker Savior.

Instead of waving the flags over a Super Bowl Coach, or the defensive genius Coach, or the if-he-had-resources-he’d-win Coach, or the UCF national champ Coach and crowning Rhule as the elite program builder ….. let’s just take it all with a grain of salt and realize that he may or may not be successful , and not disparage those who look on with a little doubt.  

I think reality has set in.  At least for me.  We are 6 seasons with no bowl.  Now the longest streak in FBS....We just completed our 6th losing season in a row.  Unsure if anyone thinks this is a quick fix.  Rhule might not have even been hired for the long term, but to just stabilize the program.  Get us to 6+ wins seasons and bowling. Build from there. See if he wants to stay or is worthy of an extension.   IMHO, no one is looking at any HC other than Urbs as a guy who has us winning the west in year 1 or 2.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Caveman said:

I will bet on oil boosters, proximity, and recent success over Rhule's emoji game with high-school coaches. Do you think those Texas kids grew up dreaming about Nebraska or one of their in-state institutions?  

We will get some kids, but only the ones passed on or missed by the Texas programs.

I really don't think many of those top notched Texas kids dreamed of playing at Baylor.  Texas, A&M, TCU, Houston yes - but not the Baylor that Rhule inherited.  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Contacts, knowledge - from a different and higher level of football. 

I don't know who's giving you the smiley's...Dude will have NFL contacts.  Knows the combine.  Recently completed several drafts so he can help with interviews....Has contacts in the NFL he has met.  Coaches, owners, players....No idea how that's a negative.  

• TBH 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

I don't know who's giving you the smiley's...Dude will have NFL contacts.  Knows the combine.  Recently completed several drafts so he can help with interviews....Has contacts in the NFL he has met.  Coaches, owners, players....No idea how that's a negative.  

Just a few small, minded posters with hurt feelings it appears. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

Just now, Caveman said:

So...that makes you believe they will come to Nebraska? 

NIL -  and when we start winning will stir the pot.  First get a respected coach - which Rhule is/was in Texas, use NIL to attract others as well, start winning and they will come.  Once we are relevant again, recruits will come.  

• TBH 1