Who should our next HC be?

13 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Holy hell, all the piss and vinegar on this thread is ridiculous. I come to this forum to read what a lot of you have to say, and to get your honest thoughts. But all of the trolls and a$$ hats on here are becoming ridiculous. Either support the team and trust that people a lot more knowledgeable than you know what they're doing, or just leave. Enough already. 

Full disclosure: I've had quite a few adult beverages tonight, enjoying a Husker win over Iowa. But my thoughts are solid. :)

I'm with ya!  I was at a watch site in Colorado and some Iowa fans filtered in.  My thoughts are solid also.

13 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Holy hell, all the piss and vinegar on this thread is ridiculous. I come to this forum to read what a lot of you have to say, and to get your honest thoughts. But all of the trolls and a$$ hats on here are becoming ridiculous. Either support the team and trust that people a lot more knowledgeable than you know what they're doing, or just leave. Enough already. 

Full disclosure: I've had quite a few adult beverages tonight, enjoying a Husker win over Iowa. But my thoughts are solid. :)

Culture!  :cheers

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”.

Rudyard Kipling

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Caveman said:

I have been arguing that Nebraska with Rhule is not going to be out-recruiting Texas programs for quality Texas players. There will be no "pipeline". You responded by stating that Nebraska had higher rated classes than Baylor. So your statement had nothing to do with my original argument and did not merit a response, but I was gracious and confirmed that yes, Nebraska did in fact have higher rated classes.

We have been pulling good players out of Texas, Florida and California. We are never going to get more of those recruits than the bigger home state schools but its false to say that we cant pull kids out of those states.  We pulled good players from Florida mostly because of Frost and his staff connections down there. Same thing Mickey did from Louisiana and Riley and his connections to Cali. If we have a head coach with connections to Texas we can absolutely pull a good amount of 4 stars out of there. 

• Plus1 1

Rhule is a home run hire.  He rebuilt two FBS dumpster fires into 10+ win conference contenders in just two years each.  We currently are a dumpster fire looking to just win the ultra pathetic Big West.  We just beat a team that was set to win the division IN THEIR HOUSE....let that sink in.  The Big West is so terrible, that Bret 'can't win in the SEC' Bielema may win the division in his second year at Illinois with an 8 win team.  Matt does not have to do much to turn this floating flaming turd around.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
2 minutes ago, Rhuletheday said:

Rhule is a home run hire.  He rebuilt two FBS dumpster fires into 10+ win conference contenders in just two years each.  We currently are a dumpster fire looking to just win the ultra pathetic Big West.  We just beat a team that was set to win the division IN THEIR HOUSE....let that sink in.  The Big West is so terrible, that Bret 'can't win in the SEC' Bielema may win the division in his second year at Illinois with an 8 win team.  Matt does not have to do much to turn this floating flaming turd around.

Welcome to Huskerboard

24 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

We have been pulling good players out of Texas, Florida and California. We are never going to get more of those recruits than the bigger home state schools but its false to say that we cant pull kids out of those states.  We pulled good players from Florida mostly because of Frost and his staff connections down there. Same thing Mickey did from Louisiana and Riley and his connections to Cali. If we have a head coach with connections to Texas we can absolutely pull a good amount of 4 stars out of there. 

We did pull them but they never lasted here. The high star recruits that came never panned out in the first place. That to me is or was part of the problem that SF had. Not only developing but also retaining those kids to develop them. I think he banked on the fact those kids would get developed and win for him and when that didn't happen they left and put him in a tough spot. But I do agree with you that we can get kids just have to be able to use them to help the team win.

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

We did pull them but they never lasted here. The high star recruits that came never panned out in the first place. That to me is or was part of the problem that SF had. Not only developing but also retaining those kids to develop them. I think he banked on the fact those kids would get developed and win for him and when that didn't happen they left and put him in a tough spot. But I do agree with you that we can get kids just have to be able to use them to help the team win.

Yeah good point Riley and Frost both had a hard time getting the good recruits to contribute and stay. Covid was part of the issue with some of the Florida kids with Scott but him and his staff played their own part too obviously. 

1 minute ago, Rhuletheday said:

giphy.gif

Wow I can understand why you feel that way but apparently your not paying attention to facts or you are simple ignoring them. Just bc he is 47-43 as a coach it may not seem impressive but what he did at those programs speaks volumes. Nebraska would pay to play in the Sugar Bowl shoot let alone play in a bowl game. But I would say his name is more recognizable then Riley or Callahan. You do whats best for you as long as we dont hire a Matt Campbell I'm good.

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wow I can understand why you feel that way but apparently your not paying attention to facts or you are simple ignoring them. Just bc he is 47-43 as a coach it may not seem impressive but what he did at those programs speaks volumes. Nebraska would pay to play in the Sugar Bowl shoot let alone play in a bowl game. But I would say his name is more recognizable then Riley or Callahan. You do whats best for you as long as we dont hire a Matt Campbell I'm good.

I don't want Campbell here, but he'd be a better hire than Rhule.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 2