Jump to content

Who should our next HC be?


Recommended Posts

Fickell made the playoff with Cinci. I don't see why he'd consider Lincoln. Urban would bring enormous buzz to Lincoln the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time. If nothing else, Nebraska football would be a lot of fun to watch.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

13 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

again, this is solid thinking. Not the knee-jerk "if we get Urban, we'll be relevant" nonsense. No, this is factual, well-reasoned and high-level analysis.

Still waiting for how Urban would not get NU to relevance theory from ya.  

It was a good analysis.  I mean Urban should get no credit for Utah though.  Going 22-2 in his only two years and recommending the promotion of WIttingham. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

Fickell made the playoff with Cinci. I don't see why he'd consider Lincoln. Urban would bring enormous buzz to Lincoln the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time. If nothing else, Nebraska football would be a lot of fun to watch.

I’ve seen multiple places Fickell has zero interest in Nebraska 

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

9 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Still waiting for how Urban would not get NU to relevance theory from ya.  

It was a good analysis.  I mean Urban should get no credit for Utah though.  Going 22-2 in his only two years and recommending the promotion of WIttingham. 

Going to be a long wait. But thank you for the compliment. I disagree with you. Completely. it's that simple. But seriously, get out your checkbook and write a check to NU Athletics, put in the memo it's for Urban's "hookers and blow" fund. Whatever it takes. He's wrong for the program. That's my opinion. Why do you get opinions but I don't? I stand by my opinion that he absolutely does not bring Nebraska back to relevance. Happy to be proven wrong though. But I won't be. He's not the guy. Great fantasy tho

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Going to be a long wait. But thank you for the compliment. I disagree with you. Completely. it's that simple. But seriously, get out your checkbook and write a check to NU Athletics, put in the memo it's for Urban's "hookers and blow" fund. Whatever it takes. He's wrong for the program. That's my opinion. Why do you get opinions but I don't? I stand by my opinion that he absolutely does not bring Nebraska back to relevance. Happy to be proven wrong though. But I won't be. He's not the guy. Great fantasy tho

Oh, you get an opinion.  In fact I enjoy your opinions. Well thought out and.............I'm sorry, I can't.  But I do enjoy them

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Going to be a long wait. But thank you for the compliment. I disagree with you. Completely. it's that simple. But seriously, get out your checkbook and write a check to NU Athletics, put in the memo it's for Urban's "hookers and blow" fund. Whatever it takes. He's wrong for the program. That's my opinion. Why do you get opinions but I don't? I stand by my opinion that he absolutely does not bring Nebraska back to relevance. Happy to be proven wrong though. But I won't be. He's not the guy. Great fantasy tho

It’s because your opinions paint the picture that Urbans ceiling here would be 8 wins yet unproven coaches have a higher potential.

 

and hey it’s not hookers it’s just young co eds, big difference

Link to comment

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

We need  entirely new offensive and defensive lines even before the LB's.

The linebackers play worse than awful.   Even with a good defensive line, they would still get out run, fill the wrong gap, and miss tackles.  The DLine doesn’t help, but don’t kid yourself that the linebackers make this DLine look even worse.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

It’s because your opinions paint the picture that Urbans ceiling here would be 8 wins yet unproven coaches have a higher potential.

 

and hey it’s not hookers it’s just young co eds, big difference

LOL, fair point. But, I doubt either of us really know whether hookers are off limits. My point is I don't think he achieves success here. 8, 10, 13...I think if he takes the job, he does it solely for the money (buyout) and mails in the rest. He's a jacka$$. I work because I get paid a salary, sure. But my effort reflects completely on my employer and my reputation is all I have to attract new business. I just don't believe he has the character to be invested. I believe he negotiates a golden parachute and works harder to jump out of the plane. Like Frost. He had to know that he was in WAY over his head. But he got the last laugh

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...