Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

Urban Meyer and Nebraska are pretty much synonymous right now.  Both have been at the top.  Both had embarrassments because of their egos.  Both want to be known as great!

If Meyer were able to resurrect this program and win a conference championship he would go down as one of the all-time great coaches.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

It was empty because the game had been over for an hour and a half. We get it. You’ve got your non negotiable. Matt Campbell shows up and you’re done. Cool bro. Don’t think you speak for an entire fan base. 

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan.  Sad, pathetic, but 100% true.

After 20+ years I'm really struggling to decide which team I need to carve out weekend time to watch.  It's really hard to justify skipping things to watch games that don't matter.  But if Campbell is the NU hire, it makes my decision easy.  At least until the Huskers were to start to win.

I did say to folks 5 years ago that Frost was NU's last chance.  I think the fact of how his firing went down, gave the program one more time.  His tenure showed that the university would give time.  His tenure showed that the fanbase will still show up if there is a reason to believe.  NIL showed that Huskers can make some cash.

The only plus of hiring Campbell would be that there would still be the chance of hiring a "BIG" candidate in 4 years when he fails.  It's like fans are scared of hiring a HUGE name because it that person were to fail, all hope is lost...

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If Meyer were able to resurrect this program and win a conference championship he would go down as one of the all-time great coaches.

Hell, at this point.  Getting the Huskers to their first bowl game in 6 years would be redemption enough! 

Imagine being Urban Meyer and making 11 million a year to only make a bowl game!

3 hours ago, Go Furself said:

I want Luke Fickell. Take away his first season at Cincinnati and he is 46-8. Fickell will toughen the program up. He is a blue-collar, no nonsense guy and by far the best fit for Nebraska. In 2021 Fickell collected eight national coach of the year honors, including the The Home Depot National Coach of the Year, Paul "Bear" Bryant Coach of the Year, the Stallings Award, the Eddie Robinson Award and the Dodd Trophy as well as accolades from the AFCA, Walter Camp Foundation and Sporting News. Fickell has watched 16 Bearcats earn a selection in the NFL Draft, including a school-record nine draft picks in 2022.

I do not want Urban. Again, during the pregame Trev preached he is looking for a coach to lead by serving the players. Don't see Trev hiring a guy caught drunk and snatch grabbing in a bar not too long ago because he was about to get fired to lead.

Fickell isn't leaving Ohio. We have a better chance of landing Meyer than we do Fickell. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Weren’t you the guy that wanted to keep frost around?

I was the guy that held out hope until the very end. When Nebraska brought back SF and he made changes to the roster to me that gave me reason to hope. When Nebraska lost and struggled I stayed positive. When Nebraska fired Frost that told me they wanted to win. So if Nebraska is serious be serious. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I was the guy that held out hope until the very end. When Nebraska brought back SF and he made changes to the roster to me that gave me reason to hope. When Nebraska lost and struggled I stayed positive. When Nebraska fired Frost that told me they wanted to win. So if Nebraska is serious be serious. 

Please don't take offense to this.

But every post of yours pre Frost-firing, I "eye rolled" when I read it.

You sir, might be my new favorite poster!!!

I hope you have cookies in your cabinet, because you deserve one!

• Haha 1