Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

First, if you think Nebraska fans had high standards and semi sense of entitlement(which there are plenty of) have you really met said Longhorn fan or been to Austin???  10 wins is an "alright" season in their eyes.  Second, he walked into a s#!tshow on par with what Riley did to the program.  Herman had to flip kids mindsets and did a big roster rework.  Sound familiar, I mean that was a four year excuse for many Frost apologists.  

Herman went 7-6, 10-4, 8-5, and was canned for going 7-3.  Won every bowl game those seasons, and got to the Big 12 title game.  Didn't throw out excuses nonstop his first couple of years, like someone here.  

What if Tom Herman was brought in to serve as special assistant to the HC similar to Gary Patterson’s role at Texas? I’m personally not thrilled about his being head coach but maybe he could serve in some capacity.

16 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

It's funny that people are good with Rhule and a hard no on Campbell when it would be pretty hard to find two coaches with more similar looking record in college. 

Rhule has turned around not one, but two programs that were in the absolute $s#!tter, similar to where we are now. Campbell seems that he may have peaked at Iowa State. Contrarily, Rhule won 10 games with Temple and left for a better job, then did the same at Baylor. I think it’s reasonable to believe Rhule may have surpassed the accomplishments Campbell had at ISU had he stayed there. For the record I’m not saying I personally prefer one to the other but I could see how Rhule would be viewed as the better hire.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, TonkaSker said:

Curious who the meyer or bust crowd thinks is the next best now that he’s not going to be coaching anywhere next year. Thoughts?

Would be nice to discuss candidates other than Urban Meyer who apparently needs to be mentioned for every post. Maybe we need a thread for coaches other than Urban Meyer, and this thread can continue to argue over UM for and against.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

Rhule has turned around not one, but two programs that were in the absolute $s#!tter, similar to where we are now. Campbell seems that he may have peaked at Iowa State. Contrarily, Rhule won 10 games with Temple and left for a better job, then did the same at Baylor. I think it’s reasonable to believe Rhule may have surpassed the accomplishments Campbell had at ISU had he stayed there. For the record I’m not saying I personally prefer one to the other but I could see how Rhule would be viewed as the better hire.

Temple records before Rhule got there 9-4, 8-4, 9-4, 4-7. The he went 2-10 and 6-6 in his first 2 seasons. Baylor was 11-2, 11-2, 10-3, 7-6. His first 2 seasons he went 1-11 and 7-6. I think he is a good coach but to act like he is some miracle worker is not correct imo.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Temple records before Rhule got there 9-4, 8-4, 9-4, 4-7. The he went 2-10 and 6-6 in his first 2 seasons. Baylor was 11-2, 11-2, 10-3, 7-6. His first 2 seasons he went 1-11 and 7-6. I think he is a good coach but to act like he is some miracle worker is not correct imo.

Nice points. I didn’t realize Temple had strung together some good seasons before he got there.

1 hour ago, Dansker said:

don’t understand the obsession with Matt Rhule. Did he beat any top CFB teams at Baylor? He hasn’t done anything at Carolina. To me he’s another Bill Callahan.

He took two programs that were decimated by sanctions and ineptitude and got them rolling. He's exactly this

1 hour ago, Dansker said:

The next coach needs to be someone who is a master at fundamentals, a motivator, and player developer.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Would love to pull Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin. To their fanbase, he's their heir apparent to Paul Cryst (and for good reason). Snagging him would help to begin making up for Alvarez.

Also would like Matt Campbell.

Leonhard is a good defensive mind....#1 run defense. I'm just not sure how that translates to being head coach. But you have to take a chance somewhere and that would be something I'm willing to try. Seems like OC's are dime a dozen these days, probably because the new rules heavily favor offense.
Maybe we could pay a billion dollars and get both Leonhard and Campbell?

31 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Would love to pull Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin. To their fanbase, he's their heir apparent to Paul Cryst (and for good reason). Snagging him would help to begin making up for Alvarez.

Also would like Matt Campbell.

Mehhh. If it is Leonhard, he better bring a strong OL coach and some offensive mastermind.  

18 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I checked out Dan Mullen. After getting the team to #5 he got fired for having one of the worst defenses in Florida history and refusing to fire his DC.

OK....He's Out!

Still looking for a McBride....thinking about cloning Charlie.

I’ve given Mullen a good hard look. Seems that he’s got a heck of an offensive mind. But as you’ve said defense was an issue and he wasn’t budging. Plus, I just don’t see him being a culture fit here.