Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Farms said:

Rhule has turned around not one, but two programs that were in the absolute $s#!tter, similar to where we are now. Campbell seems that he may have peaked at Iowa State. Contrarily, Rhule won 10 games with Temple and left for a better job, then did the same at Baylor. I think it’s reasonable to believe Rhule may have surpassed the accomplishments Campbell had at ISU had he stayed there. For the record I’m not saying I personally prefer one to the other but I could see how Rhule would be viewed as the better hire.

it’s possible (and probable if you look at the context) that it says more about the two programs and not the two coaches. 

Not all wins are created equal

16 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

The guillotine hanging over his head while there was almost more than what came after he left. 

They had one recruit when he got there. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/baylor-coach-matt-rhule-lands-nearly-30-recruits-amid-scandal-scarred-times

Oh yeah forgot about that class. Definitely props to Rhule for getting that class together like that, and I definitely think that the sanctions hanging over the program probably limited his recruiting ceiling. Just to still play devil's advocate here that class that had to be hastily put together would rank among the top classes all time at Iowa State still. Like I said in another post I think both these coaches can be successful here I just dont think they are very far apart.

29 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

It's three programs. Rhule did it once and then did it again

Not arguing against Rhule, I’m a believer. 

My point was that Iowa State is a far more difficult place to take to that high gear than Baylor. Temple is even easier since every program in the AAC is at risk of losing their coach as soon as they show progress. I see both guys as proven program builders. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Not arguing against Rhule, I’m a believer. 

My point was that Iowa State is a far more difficult place to take to that high gear than Baylor. Temple is even easier since every program in the AAC is at risk of losing their coach as soon as they show progress. I see both guys as proven program builders. 

Totally agree. Funny thing is that Temple is kinda a starting place for some good, big name coaches. Al Golden, Rhule, Adazzio, Geoff Collins. Manny Diaz was even the coach there for a few weeks before Miami came calling him back. 

That AD is at Penn State now. 

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Totally agree. Funny thing is that Temple is kinda a starting place for some good, big name coaches. Al Golden, Rhule, Adazzio, Geoff Collins. Manny Diaz was even the coach there for a few weeks before Miami came calling him back. 

That AD is at Penn State now. 

I am sensing a theme with those old Temple coaches

Golden - fired after going 32-25 at Miami

Adazzio - fired after going 44-44 at BC, fired after going 4-12 at CSU

Collins - gonna be fired soon since he’s 10-27 at GT

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I am sensing a theme with those old Temple coaches

Golden - fired after going 32-25 at Miami

Adazzio - fired after going 44-44 at BC, fired after going 4-12 at CSU

Collins - gonna be fired soon since he’s 10-27 at GT

Diaz also fired