Who should our next HC be?

28 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You guys are crapping on Leipold when his Kansas team would whip the sh$& out of us if we played on Saturday.  We have the finest arm chair quarterbacks in college football round here.

We need to be respectable again, and compete for the division.  Leipold would do that quickly. We will NEVER win a national championship again. NEVER. Get that through your skulls and get some realistic expectations.  You'll be much more satisfied in life.

Exactly.  Again, after Solich was fired, everybody thought it was a plum job and that top coaches would be lining up for it.  People were talking on forums like this - just like they are now - and throwing around names of top coaches - even guys like Bill Parcels or Steve Mariucci.  And then a guy named Houston Nutt said up yours, he'd rather stay with the Razorback Hogs.  Ended up with a last minute desperation hire in Calahan.  Forget Urban Meyer.  He isn't coming.  Trev needs to find the diamond in the rough.

• Plus1 5

we all want a HC that is swing for the fences.  but if UM ain't coming, then all the rest are chumps.  once we understand that, maybe we just get a guy that will run the offense many of us want to see and live with mediocrity.  so go for the guys that are run first, big boy OL, nasty demeanor.  moncton, chadwell, air force stuff.  i'm so sick of yolo's, picks and 3 and outs.  

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Fair enough. Most reasonable folks understand that Meyer does not want the job.  Whittingham ain’t leaving. Not sure about Peterson, but it would surprise me if he were interested. Maybe aranda would come?  Feel like stoops would be making at best a lateral move by leaving for Nebraska. 

Kids go play for coaches that are winners. I talked about it earlier that its going to take a coach and a great coaching staff to be great recruiters bc top tier talent matters. You have to have both in order to succeed. Nebraska hasn't had great recruiters or great developers so that has definitely hurt us.

6 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

we all want a HC that is swing for the fences.  but if UM ain't coming, then all the rest are chumps.  once we understand that, maybe we just get a guy that will run the offense many of us want to see and live with mediocrity.  so go for the guys that are run first, big boy OL, nasty demeanor.  moncton, chadwell, air force stuff.  i'm so sick of yolo's, picks and 3 and outs.  

I don't think so. I think if we were somehow able to lure Aranda or even Stoops it could be considered a home run. That said, I won't be mad if Chadwell is hired... as long as he hires solid assistants and doesn't just bring his buddies from CC.

12 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Fair enough. Most reasonable folks understand that Meyer does not want the job.  Whittingham ain’t leaving. Not sure about Peterson, but it would surprise me if he were interested. Maybe aranda would come?  Feel like stoops would be making at best a lateral move by leaving for Nebraska. 

I heard Stoops isn't interested.

16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Urban Meyer, Chris Peterson, Mark Stoops, Dave Aranda, Kyle Whittingham. A nationally known coach. Not saying anyone of them would come but with enough money in their face someone would accept.

And you know anyone of those names I mentioned if anyone of those coaches were to come there would be excitement around the program. Instant buzz, recruits would come here.

Just now, Hayseed said:

I heard Stoops isn't interested.

Bob for sure said he wasn't interested nobody has said anything about Mark.

Meyer - Not interested

Aranda - Will not leave Baylor because of family

Peterson - Will not leave the NW because of family

Whittingham - Might listen but doubt he leaves Utah

B Stoops - Not going to coach again unless at a couple specific schools

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Would he? He's been at NC State for a long time. This one is more Riley-esque than Campbell by a long shot

Just read this....most of his wins were against bottom teams. 
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/board/102711/Contents/dave-doerens-47-wins-at-nc-state-139203364/?page=1#:~:text=Dave Doeren has amassed a 47-41 record while,went on to have an unranked 7-6 season.

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

And you know anyone of those names I mentioned if anyone of those coaches were to come there would be excitement around the program. Instant buzz, recruits would come here.

My bad.

2 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Based on what?

"Journalists" trying to get clicks?

Nope, I really don't even pay attention to the Nebraska journalists because they have their own agendas. I have a source but I'm not going to get into all that because it sounds so unbelievable that if I told you who it was you wouldn't believe me, and I wouldn't blame you.

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Whittingham isn't coming. He's a Utah guy. He's 62 years old. He doesn't want to rebuild. He is not coming.

• Plus1 3