Who should our next HC be?

None of the name brand coaches at major programs being thrown around here are coming.  This is post-Solich deja vu. 

Trev needs to find another lesser known hire who can succeed, like Alvarez or Ferentz, and his best bet is to go to the MAC.  Urban Meyer (Bowling Green), PJ Fleck (Western Michigan), and Nick Saban (Toledo), just to name some recent ones, were successful coaches there and moved on to the top of the profession.  Go to the MAC (or maybe the Sunbelt.)

Get off this star struck business.  Find the guy who will become the next star. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, skeener said:

None of the name brand coaches at major programs being thrown around here are coming.  This is post-Solich deja vu. 

Trev needs to find another lesser known hire who can succeed, like Alvarez or Ferentz, and his best bet is to go to the MAC.  Urban Meyer (Bowling Green), PJ Fleck (Western Michigan), and Nick Saban (Toledo), just to name some recent ones, were successful coaches there and moved on to the top of the profession.  Go to the MAC (or maybe the Sunbelt.)

Theres one guy in the MAC right now (Sean Lewis) that would fit your criteria but I don’t think you need to go that far. Your larger point is correct though

Just now, runningblind said:

Never. That word means not even once!

Then why are you even here? You must be a previous player post 97. Never say never. I hope one day someone quotes this post right here. I think a cinderella season is possible considering in a few years the playoffs will come to 12 teams. You think Neb would have not have a shot at it by pulling off an upset in the conf championship game finishing 11-2? I think its possible. It’s gonna take the right head coach and staff to pull it off.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, skeener said:

........................................................................................................ Troll ?

• Plus1 1
Just now, Dansker said:

Then why are you even here? You must be a previous player post 97. Never say never. I hope one day someone quotes this post right here. I think a cinderella season is possible considering in a few years the playoffs will come to 12 teams. You think Neb would have not have a shot at it by pulling off an upset in the conf championship game finishing 11-2? I think its possible. It’s gonna take the right head coach and staff to pull it off.

LSU had a Cinderella season.

It only took 8 first round picks grown in their backyard and the most incredible QB development job in history. 

Auburn also had a Cinderella season. Only took the greatest athlete in CFB history. 

Nebraska isn’t going to have a Cinderella season. Those don’t exist for us. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I didn't say he was going to come here I said Nebraska should aim for a coach like him. He is a established head coach who has Utah ranked in the top 25. It hurts not to try to go get someone like him.

Gotcha. His level would be great.  Misread your post. My bad

Just now, TonkaSker said:

LSU had a Cinderella season.

It only took 8 first round picks grown in their backyard and the most incredible QB development job in history. 

Auburn also had a Cinderella season. Only took the greatest athlete in CFB history. 

Nebraska isn’t going to have a Cinderella season. Those don’t exist for us. 

If im high, you need to be on antidepressants 

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Dansker said:

I’m not ready to write MJ off just yet like some others but Matt Campbell would be able to coach up these players and develop them. This is what we need. People forget TO had some good assistants who he wanted paid well. It was important to him that they got paid well. We need this again. Quality assistants that are proven.

I'm okay with going after Campbell now that he's been there 6 years or whatever. I find it creepy to go after a neighboring teams coach after one winning season. I'm not sure he's better than Joseph though.

I get the feeling that if Joseph wasn't here he'd be high on the list of coaches we should get. Some guys would be swearing he's our savior.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Dansker said:

What you described is making the 12 team playoff, that could happen, agree with you there. Winning that 12 team playoff and a natty? That's what I am saying will never happen.

I still get to be a fan even if I can actually live in reality and realize it's over for the national championship dream. That dream only exists for about 5 schools these days.  Are you telling me all the other fans of 123 schools should just quit too? That is what should elicit an LOL, not what I said. Put down the kool aid and join the real world again. :cheers

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

What you described is making the 12 team playoff, that could happen, agree with you there. Winning that 12 team playoff and a natty? That's what I am saying will never happen.

I still get to be a fan even if I can actually live in reality and realize it's over for the national championship dream. That dream only exists for about 5 schools these days.  Are you telling me all the other fans of 123 schools should just quit too? That is what should elicit an LOL, not what I said. Put down the kool aid and join the real world again. :cheers

Dam running, thats sad.  We have a strong enough schedule with just who we play in conference that if we were able to win out we would get a invite.  That honestly sounds like a Iowa fan.  Happy with yoru 8-10 wins.  The goal should always be to strive for more.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2