Who should our next HC be?

25 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Theres one guy in the MAC right now (Sean Lewis) that would fit your criteria but I don’t think you need to go that far. Your larger point is correct though

Yeah, the timing might be bad for this year in the MAC.  Probably should have thought of it sooner.  Urban Meyer was in his first year at Utah and was one year out of the MAC when they fired Solich.  Likely would have been able to land him then.   He hadn't become the 'it' coach yet.  That happened a year later, and then everyone wanted him.

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Nebraska has consistently been top 20 in recruiting rankings during frost’s tenure. Retention and development have been issues. Selling the program nationally to recruits hasn’t been an issue. 

SF first recruiting class(2018)ranked 23 nationally according to 247. He signed 25 recruits. Out of those 25 kids 6 kids total made a contribution. 2019 Nebraska recruiting class ranked 18 they signed 27 they only got contribution from 10 of them. 2 classes in and only half of the kids he thought were going to make a contribution didnt. 2020 recruiting class ranked 20 they signed 26 recruits and 5 transfers they got contribution from 8 of they. 2021 the class was ranked 25 with 20 recruits and 5 transfers and only got contribution from 8 of them. 2022 which was SF last recruiting class it was ranked 41 but with the transfer class it moved it up to 32. SF had a very bad trend of bringing kids in and not keeping them or them never developing them into what there rankings thought they were. Nebraska lost alot of kids throughout the years that they banked on to make contributions and in the process the kids that should have developed never did bc of the coaches here. Lose lose situation. Nebraska needs to consistently be in the top 15 not top 25 and they need the kids they bring here to stay here and not transfer out. Plus you need great coaches to keep them here. Like I said they both coincide with each other in order to be great and not average. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With none of the big dogs (Meyer, Stoops, Whittingham, Fickell, etc.) apparently interested if we're opting for the "up-and-comer" route, I'd probably go with Chadwell. Nebraska fans would embrace his offense wholeheartedly. I just worry about his coordinator hires.

Absolutely not 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Absolutely not 

At this point there's no candidate that's going to be unanimously agreed upon. Every candidate has strengths and weaknesses. The reason I point out Chadwell is because at least we'd have a unique brand again, and with that offense we'd attract recruits that others might not be targeting as much.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, skeener said:

Yeah, the timing might be bad for this year in the MAC.  Probably should have thought of it sooner.  Urban Meyer was in his first year at Utah and was one year out of the MAC when they fired Solich.  Likely would have been able to land him then.   He hadn't become the 'it' coach yet.  That happened a year later, and then everyone wanted him.

I don't want the guy cause he's got a ton to prove still but he's the only rising star over there. I've heard a lot of good reviews about his work and teaching habits.

Sun Belt has kinda become the coaching cradle conference the MAC was when I was working in football. MAC's really been a victim of recruiting exposure and camp circuits. Used to get some sick QBs that played at small HSes. Big Ben was one of a few dozen.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

SF first recruiting class(2018)ranked 23 nationally according to 247. He signed 25 recruits. Out of those 25 kids 6 kids total made a contribution. 2019 Nebraska recruiting class ranked 18 they signed 27 they only got contribution from 10 of them. 2 classes in and only half of the kids he thought were going to make a contribution didnt. 2020 recruiting class ranked 20 they signed 26 recruits and 5 transfers they got contribution from 8 of they. 2021 the class was ranked 25 with 20 recruits and 5 transfers and only got contribution from 8 of them. 2022 which was SF last recruiting class it was ranked 41 but with the transfer class it moved it up to 32. SF had a very bad trend of bringing kids in and not keeping them or them never developing them into what there rankings thought they were. Nebraska lost alot of kids throughout the years that they banked on to make contributions and in the process the kids that should have developed never did bc of the coaches here. Lose lose situation. Nebraska needs to consistently be in the top 15 not top 25 and they need the kids they bring here to stay here and not transfer out. Plus you need great coaches to keep them here. Like I said they both coincide with each other in order to be great and not average. 

Frost had issues with retention, but every program loses kids.  And every program has lots of kids in each class that never see the field.  Overall, I have to say that I think when Trev Alberts says we need to stop talking about championships and stop talking about what we used to be, it's this kind of sentiment that he's railing against.  I'm not sure why some Nebraska fans feel entitled to be talking about top 15 recruiting classes and elite coaches when the program itself hasn't been even average for the better part of a decade.  I think a good portion of the fan base would love to be competing for a division and putting together a 7-5 or 8-4 campaign with some sound fundamental football.  But nope, we're too good for that.  We gotta level jump because that's our rightful place.  Gets tiring, and I can't help but think the mentality has been part of the reason it's been so bad for so long now.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With none of the big dogs (Meyer, Stoops, Whittingham, Fickell, etc.) apparently interested if we're opting for the "up-and-comer" route, I'd probably go with Chadwell. Nebraska fans would embrace his offense wholeheartedly. I just worry about his coordinator hires.

I'd stick with that up and comer Joseph.

• Haha 1