Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Kinda like I did with Leipold?

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ok so he lost to some pretty mediocre teams, is my point. Too inconsistent. 50-60 rated recruiting classes aren't gonna cut it. 44-34 in the Big 12, and 1-6 vs. Iowa tells me all I need to know.

The back patting followed in the very next post by moving the goal posts is classic.

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Nebraska and their fans are ok with not competing for Championships. They just want 9 wins and that's fine. If your coach can consistently win 9 games and take us to any bowl you should just be happy with the results. I will never give in to that thinking. You are selling yourself short if you do that.

Hello Capt. Strawman!

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't see any of these guys even reaching 9 wins on a consistent basis. 

Me either but we are wrong to say that bc with better resources come better results or give them a chance bc we don't know what they are going to do  Urban Meyer said it best and I hate to use him has a example but Nebraska throughout the years have lost their footprint in Texas and California. I wonder why that is??? Bc our coaches weren't great recruiters. You need those kids from those areas to use as a platform. While I do think the Matt Campbell and Lance Leipold's can coach I just don't think they can bring in talent to consistently keep up. But me and you are wrong to think that way.

13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Me either but we are wrong to say that bc with better resources come better results or give them a chance bc we don't know what they are going to do  Urban Meyer said it best and I hate to use him has a example but Nebraska throughout the years have lost their footprint in Texas and California. I wonder why that is??? Bc our coaches weren't great recruiters. You need those kids from those areas to use as a platform. While I do think the Matt Campbell and Lance Leipold's can coach I just don't think they can bring in talent to consistently keep up. But me and you are wrong to think that way.

The one thing people need to remember is 8-9 wins at Iowa St. or Kansas recruits a lot different than 8-9 wins at Nebraska. 

You win that many here and it almost guarantees you a top 25 class. If you’re good at developing and hit on a lot of recruits in a class or 2 then the future is really bright. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It's kind of hilarious how you come in here and act like everyone else is stupid for not beleiving yalls opinion and when anyone makes their argument you start playing the victim. 

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 3

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Am I supposed to be impressed? :confucius 

Data shows that if you want to win championships, you've gotta finish in Top 15 recruiting-wise on a regular basis. Can Campbell or Leipold consistently bring in Top 15 classes? Hell no.

Convenient to ignore the 2nd part where Frost got into the teens while winning 3 and 4 games and the fact that he pulled in terrible in a recruiting hotbed before. At least Campbell absolutely could. There is no way you can be that certain he can't. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

It's kind of hilarious how you come in here and act like everyone else is stupid for not beleiving yalls opinion and when anyone makes their argument you start playing the victim.

Did I ever say you or anybody else was stupid. We both have a different opinion. Just bc we haven't been back to the mountain doesn't mean we can't get there and I've heard certain people on here say that Nebraska will never win a another one and Im saying great thats how you feel thats how you feel but i will never think that way. All i have ever wanted is for Nebraska not to short change themselves but the Administration has. Either by firing, hiring or not going out and trying to get the best possible candidate to lead us to a championship. Imho who knows if Nebraska could or can get Urban Meyer but to not even try I think is stupid. You go ask a winner what does it take and he will tell you elite recruits with elite coaches. Alot of people ive heard say Nebraska isnt in the position to get elite. Why bc they haven't won. Tradition and 900 wins bc who wouldn't want to take a program like that over??

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Wow. 136 pages so far in just over 3 weeks.

Great job!

With probably 10 weeks left until we find out who our next HC will be this thread is on pace to easily eclipse the Scott Frost mega-thread from 2017 and go far beyond it. And the real and/or fabricated leaks haven't even started up in earnest yet!

:includechuckleshuffle

1 hour ago, huskerfan99 said:

The one thing people need to remember is 8-9 wins at Iowa St. or Kansas recruits a lot different than 8-9 wins at Nebraska. 

You win that many here and it almost guarantees you a top 25 class. If you’re good at developing and hit on a lot of recruits in a class or 2 then the future is really bright. 

If Leipold wins 9 games at Kansas, I'll be impressed. Campbell has only accomplished that feat once at ISU. Let's see how it plays out. 

36 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Convenient to ignore the 2nd part where Frost got into the teens while winning 3 and 4 games and the fact that he pulled in terrible in a recruiting hotbed before. At least Campbell absolutely could. There is no way you can be that certain he can't. 

Frost was one of the hottest coaching names in the country when he arrived here. It was no surprise to see him recruit in the teens, and reinforces my claim that we need a coach with name value who can recruit top names to Lincoln. Campbell doesn't have it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Frost was one of the hottest coaching names in the country when he arrived here. It was no surprise to see him recruit in the teens, and reinforces my claim that we need a coach with name value who can recruit top names to Lincoln. Campbell doesn't have it.

If Campbell wins 8-9 a year at Nebraska his classes are top 25 at minimum. Easily 

Top recruiting classes mean jack s#!t if you fail to develop and retain said players. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

If Campbell wins 8-9 a year at Nebraska his classes are top 25 at minimum. Easily 

Top recruiting classes mean jack s#!t if you fail to develop and retain said players. 

And my question to many is how long do you think its going to take those coaches to get there 8-9 wins? College football is all about the now thats why there is such a short lease on coaches being hired and turning a program around instantly. Most new coaches get usually 2-3 window on that. Scott was lucky to get 4+ years to try but in the end we as Husker Fans suffer. How long do you think the next coach should get to show improvement?

52 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why bc they haven't won. Tradition and 900 wins bc who wouldn't want to take a program like that over??

Minnesota has 7 national titles. Everyone knows that elite coaches are slobbering all over themselves to coach the gophers whenever the job opens up because of ‘tradition’. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2