Who should our next HC be?

23 minutes ago, C-4 said:

I know this is a joke, but: this coaching hire isn’t a celebrity wanted ad.

Sanders is a great fit at Jackson St and there’s not much here for him. Urban has been an elite college coach but any critical thinking can tell you that isn’t what Trev wants and Urban will have jobs that are better fits for him.

Your post is an even bigger joke than the original post...which is saying something.

A) Deion could kill it here and is exactly what Nebraska needs. He's much more than just a celebrity. He's punching way above his weight at Jackson State.

B) "Urban will have jobs that are better fits for him?" Name one.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Your post is an even bigger joke than the original post...which is saying something.

A) Deion could kill it here and is exactly what Nebraska needs. He's much more than just a celebrity. He's punching way above his weight at Jackson State.

B) "Urban will have jobs that are better fits for him?" Name one.

A) Lots of coaches "could" kill it here.  Frost "could" have but he didn't.  Deion is a win the press conference type of hire - exactly what TA said he wasn't going to do.  Not happening, period.

B) I tend to agree with you here.  Urban isn't what TA is looking for but hiring him would be an immediate shot in the arm for recruiting and attendance.  The sell out streak would be extended at least a couple more years.  That may be enough to push Nebraska into making him a great offer.  Will he accept that?  Who knows...  

• Fire 1

No Loyalty??  He followed a very similar stepping stone career like almost every coach in the nation does.  He has won at both head coaching destinations and both were sh!t shows when he arrived.  Seriously, the rumors are ridiculous and people don't even fact check their stuff before posting. 

The guy took the Penn State gig with the entire nation knowing about the sanctions.  Every player on the team knew exactly what was happening.  The scandal made every news publication in the world.  Despite all the hardship, O'Brien won a national coach of the year award and was offered one hell of a raise to go to the NFL so he took it.  He then turned around a perpetual losing Houston team and won the division title 4 of his 6 years as a head coach.  He was then promoted to general manager.  That lasted a short 4 games before he was fired.  Houston hasn't won since and O'Brien remains the only coach to post a winning record with that organization.

I am not super excited about him as our next head coach but I believe we could do a lot worse.  He is a very experienced coach who has won everywhere he has been.  

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

A) Lots of coaches "could" kill it here.  Frost "could" have but he didn't.  Deion is a win the press conference type of hire - exactly what TA said he wasn't going to do.  Not happening, period.

B) I tend to agree with you here.  Urban isn't what TA is looking for but hiring him would be an immediate shot in the arm for recruiting and attendance.  The sell out streak would be extended at least a couple more years.  That may be enough to push Nebraska into making him a great offer.  Will he accept that?  Who knows...  

I didn't want Urban at first, but he is the only homerun hire I see out there. 

He has N/C in the SEC and B1G, the two really only power conferences now. Who else can say that.

Like him or not, he can get this program back up to speed, quick.

GBR!!!

1 hour ago, NativeJoe said:

I like the Bieniemy idea!  An experienced NFL guy would attract high level recruits and I would trust his ability to build a coaching staff that would develop pro-caliber athletes.  That's why I suggested hire Mickey's brother Vance to assist Mickey and build a program. 

Yea cause it worked so well for us before!

26 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You need to research Deion a little closer. He's much more than a "win the press conference type of hire." He's pulling in 4 and 5 star recruits to Jackson State. That place is a third world hellhole. He's working the hell out of the NIL deal there and, by all accounts, he's assembled an amazing staff. He's been a legit candidate at a few P5 schools and reportedly interviewed extremely well. He was named SWAC Coach of the Year last year. Plus, oh by the way, he has Jackson State winning for the first time in forever.

That said, you're right that it's probably not happening. Old, stiff, white, set-in-our-ways fans can't handle a dude at the podium in a backward visor with a giant "PRIME" necklace on. Recruits would love it and flock from all over to play for him, but it would make fans and admin squirmy. So, I guess that makes him kind of the opposite of a "win the press conference type of hire." So, maybe there's a chance. :lol:

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I would rather float in the black abyss of failure.......for eternity.......than have to look at a grown a$$ middle aged man wearing a flat brim hat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3