Who should our next HC be?

If his name wasn't Deion Sanders he wouldn't even be talked about here. In all the coaching search threads I don't think we've ever had a coach from an HBCU even mentioned, let alone given pages and pages of discussion. 

We need a guy proven at this level. We do not need to experiment with an inexperienced coach with name recognition.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

For the love of God….Deion Sanders is not the coach we need or want. Just. Stop. It’s gone beyond an off the wall odd mention and has now ventured into WTF territory for a few posters.

He's not on my  (serious) list.  I'm just throwing out that he has done some good stuff.  Demoting your 3-1 OC before the bye week because you don't like the production really resonated with me TBH.  Too many previous coaches held on to guys too long and it hurt the program and cost them their jobs.  Deion saw this 4 games in, not 4 years. I also like his hard nose, no BS approach.  Attributes I hope are requirements regardless of the new HC.   

IMHO, NU is in a free fall and a new HC will either fix the program or see us relegated to the also rans and never come back.  We need a proven winner and a guy who has built a program, not inherited winners.  Whoever it is will have their hands full no doubt.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

For the love of God….Deion Sanders is not the coach we need or want. Just. Stop. It’s gone beyond an off the wall odd mention and has now ventured into WTF territory for a few posters.

But I already got this sweet tattoo!

image.jpeg.0ed880da1f76d3c3ef98bf823df3fbee.jpeg

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Honest request.   Convince me why Aranda is qualified to be a top prospect.   I don't see it but so many fans are listing him that maybe I'm missing something?  All I see is a guy who took over a winning program and is winning with another coaches recruits who hasn't proven anything. 

The following isn't an argument for or against Aranda, but IMO, these are some objective reasons to like him:

• Been an FBS coach since 2008 and a P5 coach since 2012, so about 15 years experience
  • At Wisconsin, he produced multiple defenses that either led the nation in a major defensive category or were in the top 10 in said categories
    • Also helped produce multiple major award winners like Chris Borland and Joe Schobert, and a B1G defensive PotY in Borland
  • He won a national title as a DC at LSU
  • He is 15-3 in the last two seasons as a HC at Baylor, including a Big 12 Championship title in his second year
  • He knows the B1G well
  • Has a reputation for being very detail-oriented

As with any coach, there are some reasons to not like him (and reasonable questions about if he'd even want the NU job).

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The following isn't an argument for or against Aranda, but IMO, these are some objective reasons to like him:

• Been an FBS coach since 2008 and a P5 coach since 2012, so about 15 years experience
  • At Wisconsin, he produced multiple defenses that either led the nation in a major defensive category or were in the top 10 in said categories
    • Also helped produce multiple major award winners like Chris Borland and Joe Schobert, and a B1G defensive PotY in Borland
  • He won a national title as a DC at LSU
  • He is 15-3 in the last two seasons as a HC at Baylor, including a Big 12 Championship title in his second year
  • He knows the B1G well
  • Has a reputation for being very detail-oriented

As with any coach, there are some reasons to not like him (and reasonable questions about if he'd even want the NU job).

I like this breakdown.  If all were to say yes I would be Aranda above both Campbell and Leipold.  I'd still take Urban above all else

Likely all would say yes? no, but f it, its a message board

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I hope Trev is thinking outside the box in regards to this hire. Playing it safe and making the conservative hire won't bode well.

And as others have said, Deion may not have the P5 experience that we need.  With that said, I do hope Trev finds a 'swing for the fences' type of coach and is able to sign him on.  At this point - I can only think of a few and we've discussed them already.  

Maybe his definition of a 'swing for the fences' guy is a grinder/developer like one of the boarder coaches :dunno as any of them should greatly out perform FHCSF. 

We all have our preferences but we are only speculating at this point.  Trev hasn't tipped his hat in any direction thus far. We probably shouldn't be emotionally tied to anyone at this point as the 'only one who can fix this mess'- we did that with a former president and now look at where we are at -But I digress.  :backtotopic   I trust Trev in the fact that Trev knows Nebraska and knows what we need far better then former ADs SE & SP did.  He knows it is a HUGE hire and I trust he will get it right and get it right for all of the right reasons.  I'm not going to get too emotionally attached to one guy.  Even an apparent 'home run' hire like Urb Meyer has its pitfalls and risks - as we know about his character issues and shortened stays at UF and OSU for "health reasons" (probably the reason why it won't be Meyer).  

22 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I think "trim" started as "a neatly or smartly dressed woman" and devolved into meaning what everything turns into in the mind of a certain kind of person.

The research is in!  According to both $PAZZ and award-winning author Debra Devi, "trim" goes back at least 100 years and refers specifically to lady genitalia. While this has little to do with who our next HC should be, it does relate to where our previous HC has been. Circle of life stuff.  

URBAN DICTIONARY

pu**y; usually good.(clean, shaved, not used alot.
yo i heard there gonna be mad trim at that party this week.
by $PAZZ April 1, 2003

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author and rock musician Debra Devi explores the meaning of a word or phrase found in the blues. Grab a signed copy of Devi’s award-winning glossary The Language of the Blues: From Alcorub to Zuzu (Foreword by Dr. John) at Bluescentric.com. Also available as an eBook.

Trim is slang for female genitalia. In the blues, it’s usually used by a man to express a need or an intention, as in “I’m gonna get me some trim tonight.” This usage has been around since the 1920s.

This meaning for trim is still in use today. It showed up in the 1982 film 48 hours, for example, when Eddie Murphy’s character announced, “I’ve got to get me some trim, man!”

Robert Johnson used “trimmin’” in “Little Queen of Spades” in 1937 to describe a girlfriend’s performance in bed:

Everybody says she got a mojo
‘Cause she been usin’ that stuff
But she got a way trimmin’ down, hoo, fair brown
and I mean it’s most too tough

Song:
“Little Queen of Spades”- Robert Johnson

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1