Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Did you see Cambell go off on the refs? He's got an ugly angry face. Will get the Bo Pelini treatment here out. Every bad call will pan to his face. He'll be labeled a hothead and and it will become the defining narrative of him as a coach. Too bad.

If it’s the call I’m thinking of,  they deserved it. 

6 hours ago, blinky said:

Calling Deion all flash and no substance basically means you don't like touchdown or interception celebrations and you'll judge a player simply based off whether he celebrates or not. People who think Deion is too flashy probably think Barry Sanders "did it the right way." Deion is literally one of the best corners to ever play the game, and that was while he was also an all-star caliber MLB outfielder. He has more "substance" of success than almost anyone to ever play sports. 

Deion Sanders the player is a Hall of Famer in my opinion - he was absolutely great. And Deion Sanders the person seems like a great guy that gives back to the community, which is great.

It's Deion Sanders as a candidate for the HC job at Nebraska that is mostly flash and little substance because the guy hasn't even finished a 3rd season of coaching college football - and that only at the FCS level. The image of Deion Sanders as HC is what people are really asking for (the flash) because there just isn't enough of a coaching resume to go along with it (the substance). That doesn't mean he couldn't be great as the Nebraska HC, but it does mean we'd hire one of the least proven coaches in P5 - at least of any hire that I can remember.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Deion Sanders the player is a Hall of Famer in my opinion - he was absolutely great. And Deion Sanders the person seems like a great guy that gives back to the community, which is great.

It's Deion Sanders as a candidate for the HC job at Nebraska that is mostly flash and little substance because the guy hasn't even finished a 3rd season of coaching college football - and that only at the FCS level. The image of Deion Sanders as HC is what people are really asking for (the flash) because there just isn't enough of a coaching resume to go along with it (the substance). That doesn't mean he couldn't be great as the Nebraska HC, but it does mean we'd hire one of the least proven coaches in P5 - at least of any hire that I can remember.

But would he turn the program back into a winner?

21 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

To be completely fair, I don’t know near that much about him. When I hear Deion Sanders, I automatically think of the Neon Deion I knew as a player.

I’ve said it before, I’m sure he’s a good coach, maybe even great, but I really don’t think he is ready to step up to P5, the B1G or Nebraska. Seems like some here are grasping at straws, thinking they’ve identified the next hot commodity. Sorry but I want somebody that’s been there, done that, not somebody who’s made waves in Pop Warner ball.

Now you can quit trying to convince me. Not changing my mind.

Dude spells it out for you and you admit you "don't know much" about DS.  Why do you continue to write on this subject?  You come off like an election denier.

BRN would be lucky to snag DS.  

This is a fantastic thread.  As an Illini fan I wish you all the best, did not come here to troll, I just had to say something to JJ Husker.  Seriously man, do some research.  Wiki is your friend.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, notcorn said:

Frost can't carry Deion jock, as a player and certainly not as a coach.

Prior to Frost's disappointing run at Nebraska, this would have been laughable. Frost was coming off an undefeated season at UCF, beating Auburn in a bowl game, in his 2nd year as HC. He was the hottest up and coming coach on the market. It was considered by everyone to be a fantastic hire by Nebraska. Unfortunately it did not work out. Deion has now coached 2 season at Jackson State and has success as well. When you look at their coaching resumes side by side, prior to Frost being at Nebraska, there's no way you can make that claim. And that's not even including his time as a coordinator 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Prior to Frost's disappointing run at Nebraska, this would have been laughable. Frost was coming off an undefeated season at UCF, beating Auburn in a bowl game, in his 2nd year as HC. He was the hottest up and coming coach on the market. It was considered by everyone to be a fantastic hire by Nebraska. Unfortunately it did not work out. Deion has now coached 2 season at Jackson State and has success as well. When you look at their coaching resumes side by side, prior to Frost being at Nebraska, there's no way you can make that claim. And that's not even including his time as a coordinator 

Yes, he was awesome at UCF.  What's your point?