Who should our next HC be?

53 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I see reading comprehension isn't a topic valued at Illinois.  I said prior to Nebraska.  

Also who the hell brags about where they got a degree from lol.  Instead of trying to be cool, start by being a decent human being.  You come off as an entitled pompous a$$ bragging about where u went to school and its not even a school worth bragging about :dunno

Exactly. You would think with his pompous attitude and bragging about having mastered wiki that numbnuts was a Michigan grad. But no, Illinois :lol: There’s a reason people with an Illinois degree don’t brag about it. Must not have that info on wiki.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Perusing some resumes for some of the dark horse candidates, as much as some people point to record as a reason to ding somebody like Leipold, you could certainly apply it more harshly to some other candidates people like as well.

DeBoer has coached all of 18 games at the D1 level. He only won 9 games in the Mountain West last year. He did not win the conference.

Doeren hasn't cracked double digit wins in ten years when he was at NIU winning the MAC. His record at NC State looks a lot more like Bo's with several 9 win seasons with some worse ones sprinkled in, in arguably a worse conference(s). He's good for a 58% win percentage in the ACC.

Just food for thought.

Additionally...Leipold, DeBoer and Doeren, read/sound like 2nd string 3-Musketteer names.

no-time-busy.gif.a21e5e43ef9b21aa4164c96fa4db6471.gif

• Haha 2

I thought I read a story where Deion Sanders lit up a teammate in practice for half assing their assignment on a play. The teammate tried to sell him into trusting he’d be there in the game, and Deion ripped him to be there in practice so he could trust him in a game. 

Maybe I’m misremembering professionals, but that’s the type of instruction I’d want out of a coach. 

• Haha 1

I think the smart thing to do is the same thing Ohio State did when they hired Urb.  Had Luke Fickell at HC for rest of the year while Urb assembled his staff then spent the remaining time on the recruiting trail for the rest of the season.  Obviously it will only work this way if Trev hires a HC who is not currently coaching.

Other than Urb, what other coaches are available at this point?

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Perusing some resumes for some of the dark horse candidates, as much as some people point to record as a reason to ding somebody like Leipold, you could certainly apply it more harshly to some other candidates people like as well.

DeBoer has coached all of 18 games at the D1 level. He only won 9 games in the Mountain West last year. He did not win the conference.

Doeren hasn't cracked double digit wins in ten years when he was at NIU winning the MAC. His record at NC State looks a lot more like Bo's with several 9 win seasons with some worse ones sprinkled in, in arguably a worse conference(s). He's good for a 58% win percentage in the ACC.

Just food for thought.

Which is why I wouldn't want any of the guys you mentioned, including Bo

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

One thing for sure...a lot of agents will be doing a lot of "leaking" to make sure their clients get some nice raises and extensions.  

O/U on how many coaches get a raise/extension based on talk of NU wanting them?

Yes, happens all the time.  They use supposed interest from the pros to get a raise too.  When George Perles was at Michigan State, he twice got raises because an NFL team was rumored to be after him - the Packers and the Jets.  And not only were the Jets not really the least bit interested in him,  but Perles wasn't even much of a coach, and some Spartan fans wanted him out. 

I'll take the Over.