Who should our next HC be?

4 hours ago, commando said:

true...lots of people thought frost was the best choice...but if Moos had hired anyone other than frost he would have been tarred and feathered by the fans.  

Fact! Those that took exception to the hiring essentially were tarred and feathered.

I’m sure that it was an exhausting effort for Bill Moos lol…

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

Trev's primary resource is this thread, as it should be. We're brilliant.

:D

Not that it really matters, but I think we should keep in mind that Frost was much more than a fan choice back in 2017. He was probably the hottest coaching candidate as that season went along, and likely the biggest reason Nebraska got him was because of his ties to the state. Florida and Tennessee were also pushing him hard and just about every college football analyst/pundit thought that Nebraska had hit an absolute home run with that hire.

Naturally, there were some questions about how it would all work out and what it would look like, but I think it is an unfair disservice to a lot of people who worked hard to make that hire happen if we characterize it as a "fan choice." There were a lot of teams that wanted Frost and there were a lot of reasons to like him as a candidate.

Trev knows that he can always count on us! 

3 hours ago, Osbourneite said:

Aranda proved his mettle when he overhauled his offence turning  the team around from a 2 wins to 12 wins in just a season. While 'ol Frosty kept doing the same s#!t expecting different results . 

You do realize he took an 11 win team in 2019 and took them directly to a 2 win team, right?  Last year was an impressive turn around but people should pump the brakes and realize this was a program winning at a very high level before he took over and he is now winning primarily with Matt Rhule recruits.    

• Plus1 1

I listened to a former Ohio State WR coach under Urban Meyer.  He said there is no possible way Urban comes to Nebraska because his wife would never allow it.  He said the same thing about Luke Fickle. Lastly, he said he is a NU fan but if Bill O'Brien is hired he will officially get off the NU fan train.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

You do realize he took an 11 win team in 2019 and took them directly to a 2 win team, right?  Last year was an impressive turn around but people should pump the brakes and realize this was a program winning at a very high level before he took over and he is now winning primarily with Matt Rhule recruits.    

18 seniors graduated from that 2019 Rhule team, plus a 4th round pick junior left early.  2020 was Aranda's first season there, plus it was the infamous COVID year.  I'm more concerned with his impressive '21 and also waiting to see how this season plays out.  Plus he's got the B1G connection as well as MJ/LSU connection.  I just don't see a better realistic candidate at this point.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1