Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Kalen Deboer is my top choice

Deboer's star is on the rise for sure.  He's had many 'short stops' at various schools to get to where he is at.   Not sure if he's proven he can rebuild a program like Nebraska but he's seen success wherever he's been.  

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Deboer's star is on the rise for sure.  He's had many 'short stops' at various schools to get to where he is at.   Not sure if he's proven he can rebuild a program like Nebraska but he's seen success wherever he's been.  

I wouldnt call it a full rebuild I guess but that team was a mess last year and he went out got a transfer QB and has the offense working right away. He even has Will Nixon contributing.

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I wouldnt call it a full rebuild I guess but that team was a mess last year and he went out got a transfer QB and has the offense working right away. He even has Will Nixon contributing.

Yes, we have some good pieces in place via the portal.  The Pipeline needs to be built up again with more depth.  We have a good stable of RBs (if they all stay around), WR is deep and MJ is a great coach there.  The DL needs work - well I guess most of the D needs work.  I think we are good at QB as well - esp if the OL gets developed better.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Kalen Deboer is my top choice

I really wasn't very familiar with him but after research I was impressed.  Seems like another great offensive mind with quite a few years head coaching experience at smaller schools.  With a good DC, I would be on board.  

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I really wasn't very familiar with him but after research I was impressed.  Seems like another great offensive mind with quite a few years head coaching experience at smaller schools.  With a good DC, I would be on board.  

He is! He’d be a culture fit too. There’s several midwestern assistants on his staff. He did well as OC at Indiana. The biggest question though is would he make a change one year in at Washington…Probably not but who knows. 

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Lane is second, because watching some Husker fans freak out at the s#!t he says would be amazing.

Oh, it wouldn't just be Husker fans. Lane Kiffin has pissed people off at every stop in his career, a career that has generally trended downward because of his reputation for being dishonest and disloyal. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1