Who should our next HC be?

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Since so many people (incorrectly) think Urban Meyer is the only candidate I'd be satisfied with, for the record I'd be content with any of these:

Urban Meyer

Troy Calhoun

Mickey Joseph

Mark Stoops

Tom Herman

Luke Fickell

Jamey Chadwell

Todd Monken

Matt Rhule

Chris Petersen

Gary Patterson

Bret Bielema

Kyle Whittingham

Mike Gundy

Dave Aranda

I just think Leipold's body of work is too small. If he can lead KU to a 9-win season, then I'll jump on his bandwagon. They could easily finish 5-7 or 6-6 or 7-5 and then what? Would that be good enough for those of you who are currently singing his praises?

You don’t give Leipold any credit for what he did at UW-Whitewater? His record there was ridiculous. Then he has shown he can win and build programs at the D-1 and Power 5 level. 

• Plus1 5

23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This was a great listen today. Sam is great on these podcasts. I shouldn’t make light of Shatel’s stuttering, but it makes it tough to listen to him on these. This one included Dirk, so that will count out 90% of Husker fans. 

Just listened to this before dinner. Some interesting perspectives which is why I like listen to more than one source, including Dirk. Love the fact Trev is focusing on a return to be a "development program" which is something we haven't been for a long time while many of the our B1G opponents excel at it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You don’t give Leipold any credit for what he did at UW-Whitewater? His record there was ridiculous. Then he has shown he can win and build programs at the D-1 and Power 5 level. 

Yeah not to mention that Kansas has 4 wins already and the last time they had 4 wins in a season was 2009 with Mangino and that was still just 5-7. Yeah id say that getting them to a bowl game is just a minor miracle. The coach before him who just happens to have a national championship won 3 games total in 2 years. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Just listened to this before dinner. Some interesting perspectives which is why I like listen to more than one source, including Dirk. Love the fact Trev is focusing on a return to be a "development program" which is something we haven't been for a long time while many of the our B1G opponents excel at it.

I like the developmental program aspect too. That tells me Trev isn’t looking for a quick fix, where he will bring in a guy who will go after 20-30 transfers a year. Yes, transfers can be used to complement a developed, talent base but expecting to do that year after year isn’t sustainable. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I like DeBoer, but holy cow people he's not even made it through one month at Washington.  Don't just pump the brakes, mash em through the floor.

DeBoer would have been a solid candidate last year, based on his Fresno work alone. Just because he’s been at UW a month shouldn’t be held against him. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

OWH podcast today was really good.  First half was a mix of Trev's comments this morning at the Big Red Breakfast as well as talking about the Nebraska program in general and what needs to change going forward.  Second half they went over a bunch of names and gave thoughts around each.

Funny story about Aranda I totally forgot about was last year when he had Baylor kick a FG at the end of the Oklahoma game while they were already up 10. He wasn’t running up the score, Aranda knew one of the tiebreakers in a 3-team tie was point differential, so Aranda was trying to get every advantage he could. That’s great attention to detail, even if it pissed off Lincoln Riley last year (although that’s a bonus). 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I mean, there's a big difference between UW-Whitewater and the B1G. He didn't exactly knock it out of the park at Buffalo... heck, Turner Gill was successful at Buffalo. I still think his body of work is too small. Let's see how this season plays out.

• Haha 1