Who should our next HC be?

10 hours ago, admo said:

We also have.... rattler snakes, and dust, and cowboy boots.... and desert skies, and horses, and bobcats and coyotes and foxes and deer..... and bales of hay.... and green tractors.... and borracho beans.... tortillas.... with Al Pastor or Barbacoa.....eggs an T-bones...  110 degree summers.... Church on Sundays..... red-tailed hawks and meat cows..... some milk cows too.... and lots of back road dirt trails for your mudding pleasures.... a lot of cactus and bluebonnets.... and ponds and lakes with blue gill and bass.... plus a lot of dust and dirt and extra armpit stuff :)  It's so awful, and not nearly nice as the good life of Lincoln, Nebraska.  

I lived in Texas and enjoyed much of the state.  However Waco was not one of those parts I enjoyed in any way...  

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I know this will be contradicted by many but I truly believe that if we were to steal Bret Bielema from Illinois, he would have us atop our division in two years max. He knows how to get the best out of his players and he knows the Big. He might not be the splash hire everyone is looking for but I am certain he will know how to coach the talent on this team. He will outsmart Frost again this year. That is of course if Frost is still coaching when we face Illinois. 

Just curious as to what, since his days of being Barry Alverez's puppet at Wisconsin, about his track record makes you think that? 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, admo said:

We also have.... rattler snakes, and dust, and cowboy boots.... and desert skies, and horses, and bobcats and coyotes and foxes and deer..... and bales of hay.... and green tractors.... and borracho beans.... tortillas.... with Al Pastor or Barbacoa.....eggs an T-bones...  110 degree summers.... Church on Sundays..... red-tailed hawks and meat cows..... some milk cows too.... and lots of back road dirt trails for your mudding pleasures.... a lot of cactus and bluebonnets.... and ponds and lakes with blue gill and bass.... plus a lot of dust and dirt and extra armpit stuff :)  It's so awful, and not nearly nice as the good life of Lincoln, Nebraska.  

Yeah I lived down in a tiny little town near Round Rock called Hutto years and years ago.  Wonder if it's still the same.  First weekend there a guy on a tractor pulled up to my house while I was mowing and asked if I wanted him to plow up part of my back yard "fer yer garden and wotever" as my property bordered a huge planting area of dozens of acres.  I said yeah and he did that and disappeared over the horizon  and was put off the following week when I offered him money.  So... anyway yeah to that list of yours there but I could not stand the economy there at that time and headed back up here to 'brasky where it seems to weather nation wide economic bad times pretty well.

That and four real seasons. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Who wants to go back to some sort of the option? 

Do you not count what we'd been doing during Martinez's four years as "some sort of the option?" It's not the Nebraska 90's glory days  triple option, but I'm going to say it was "some sort of the option."

And I loved watching it. And I don't think offensive scheme has been even slightly a part of the problem. Honestly what the 2020 & 2021 teams could have used so bad was a junior year Anthony Grant like we have now who then plays like a machine for his senior year.

I think that's something that has hugely flown under the radar - we needed a really good back for the scheme Frost & Lubick had dialed up and we didn't have one. Now it seems like we do.

• Plus1 3

Updated with five favorites 

Kyle Wittingham

Dave Doeren

Kalani Sitake

Luke Fickell 

Pat Narduzzi

Jeff Hafley

Chris Petersen 

Jay Norvell

Hugh Freeze

Matt Cambell

Chris Klieman

Dana Holgorsen

Jason Candle 

Bret Bielema

Mark Stoops

Jamey Chadwell 

Matt Rhule 

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Do you not count what we'd been doing during Martinez's four years as "some sort of the option?" It's not the Nebraska 90's glory days  triple option, but I'm going to say it was "some sort of the option."

And I loved watching it. And I don't think offensive scheme has been even slightly a part of the problem. Honestly what the 2020 & 2021 teams could have used so bad was a junior year Anthony Grant like we have now who then plays like a machine for his senior year.

I think that's something that has hugely flown under the radar - we needed a really good back for the scheme Frost & Lubick had dialed up and we didn't have one. Now it seems like we do.

I was thinking more of this. 

IZ%201.PNG

2 hours ago, M.A. said:

Kyle Wittingham

Dave Doeren

Kalani Sitake

Luke Fickell 

Pat Narduzzi

Jeff Hafley

Chris Petersen 

Jay Norvell

Matt Ruhl 

Hugh Freeze

Matt Cambell

Chris Klieman

Dana Holgorsen

Jason Candle 

Bret Bielema

Mark Stoops

Jamey Chadwell 

Matt Rhule 

Of these, i think only the highlighted ones would come here.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Lorewarn said:

Beck ran a good bit of diamond formation when he was here.

As far as coaches, I can't believe more people aren't at least including Jim Leonhard on the list.

Yes, and I liked when we did that....I am not saying we need to go the option but I think it would be a unique offense for a P5 program that could take notice. FYI I am okay with our offense this year as well. 

8 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Liepold is the guy I would go after. Very successful in D3, Brought Buffalo from the cellar of the MAC to winning it, and they're right back in the cellar within 2 years of him leaving. Kansas is a trash program, but he's had them playing well (beat Texas, was close to OU until the end). Just seems to be a coach where the programs improve whenever he arrives, and he's been a HC the entire time. Was a backburner guy if Frost fell through in 2017.

If he can resurrect Kansas, then maybe. Problem is, he hasn't really been at Kansas long enough yet to prove his worth. I mean he was 2-10 last year, not exactly setting the world on fire. Can't hire a guy who had a worse record than Frost! In a couple years he might be a hot name. 

4 hours ago, M.A. said:

Kyle Wittingham

Dave Doeren

Kalani Sitake

Luke Fickell 

Pat Narduzzi

Jeff Hafley

Chris Petersen 

Jay Norvell

Matt Ruhl 

Hugh Freeze

Matt Cambell

Chris Klieman

Dana Holgorsen

Jason Candle 

Bret Bielema

Mark Stoops

Jamey Chadwell 

Matt Rhule 

Nice list, but would you mind not spreading that Hugh Freeze name around?  Too close to the frost meme. 

• Haha 1