Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Terrible reply, just as Nebraska of the 90s is not the Nebraska of today, the same is true of Bama and Rice. Bo and Dabo are contemporaries and will always be Bo and Dabo. Apples and oranges my friend.

Point taken, bad reply. Just trying to illustrate that head-to-head with a small sample is a bad way to compare coaches and programs. Dabo has an offensive background, is a recruiter first, and a lot of the 'support' he received from Clemson he generated himself - none of which was true about Bo.

Another key difference is that he develops coaches well. There isn't a Pelini tree out there but a lot of Clemson assistants over the years have done well. 

On 9/9/2022 at 8:41 AM, TonkaSker said:

I'm not going to say that football coaches are model members of society. Urban Meyer has skeletons but I'd be happy to hire him. You don't need bring in a guy that runs a program full of crime, and I know that's not the argument you're trying to make. I don't care about having a clean coach, shoot I like Chadwell and he's probably going to be fined by the NCAA for being unable to run a program himself.

There's a class of scandals in college football history that have documentaries about them or could and the Baylor scandal will eventually. Briles wasn't just ignorant there, he was involved in covering it up. Details are pretty gruesome. 

Freeze's scandals at Ole Miss aren't really what I care about, I think they're kinda funny honestly. The guy's just a psychopath who can't let a single person say a bad thing about him. He's also surrounded himself with everyone involved in the baylor thing and has defended their actions on the record going so far as publicly confronting victims. 

You can win with a lot of coaches but you don't need to hire either of these two. If you could, they would be coaching somewhere other than Liberty.

Yeah Freeze and Meyer I would have to be desperate to hire. Briles I would absolutely not hire under any circumstance. What he oversaw was just terrible. Same thing with Orgeron to a lesser extent.

• Fire 1