Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

This is extremely inaccurate about O'Brien and Aranda.  You are just pushing some agenda. They are widely considered big names Nationally. Google it, watch interviews, listen to coaches in the profession. If you want to play the fan base game with O'Brien go to the LSU message boards who would rather have Aranda than Brian Kelly. Pick your poison. 

“Google it” is now a source. Thanks Obama 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, husker009 said:

I don't condone what he did, but he was a good recruiter for OSU. On top of that, he seems to have learned from his mistakes and turned his life around. Zak Smith just proves my point even further that being dirty more times than not yields wins. Football is not supposed to be Sunday school. 

Why isn’t Zac Smith coaching?  Hard to coach jail?  

I love how you guys are using examples of how poor character equates to being a good football coach with guys that are not even coaching anymore. 

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I was talking to a long time Texas A&M fan & grad this morning at work.  We were saying something similar.    The flavor of the day is the spread - everyone runs it and THEREFORE everyone has recruited a defense to stop it.  He came out and said Nebraska needs to go back to the gritty smashmouth football they ONCE WERE.  That doesn't mean we just RTDB but that we modernize what Tom did.  Recruit to our strengths and not be like everyone else.  If we can't get a big name who can bring in recruits to compete with OSU, USC, etc, then I would be all in on Jeff Monken or Chadwell.  Both would provide an offense that would be hard to prepare for as we'd be the only one on the opposing team's schedule with that type of O.   Granted, it means recruiting 4 star and 5 star OL would be a must, receivers who can catch and block, and a RB who can take on the load.  Of course - it won't matter if the D doesn't improve.  But a more ball controlled O helps out the D in so many ways as you all know.  

Jfc. Aggie. Their all time recruiting class is really smashing everyone in the mouth this year. Maybe Nebraska should just snipe Jimbo with all his offensive wisdom away from them for 500 million guaranteed. 

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I love how you guys are using examples of how poor character equates to being a good football coach with guys that are not even coaching anymore. 

Look at all the natty-winning coaches in the past 50 years. Switzer, Paterno, Meyer, and Saban all have skeletons in their closets. No one considers any of those guys “nice guys” either. Being a sleaze bag is kind of a pre requisite for winning natties.

13 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What has a Bible-thumping coach won recently? 

11 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Look at all the natty-winning coaches in the past 50 years. Switzer, Paterno, Meyer, and Saban all have skeletons in their closets. No one considers any of those guys “nice guys” either. Being a sleaze bag is kind of a pre requisite for winning natties.

Tell me more about Saban? Never heard he was grabby-grabby. And Paterno? How many natties does he have? Lol!!! 

13 minutes ago, husker009 said:

This thread was discussing grinding on co-Ed’s- not “nice guy.”  Not being friendly does not mean you’re sleazy.  

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Tell me more about Saban? Never heard he was grabby-grabby. And Paterno? How many natties does he have? Lol!!! 

Go read about some of the stuff Saban did when he was at Miami. He cussed out his own secretary, wouldn’t talk to co-workers that tried to say hi to him as they walked by, and had his own players wanting to fight him. He may not be as bad as Switzer, Meyer, or Paterno, but he is still a giant a-hole. Paterno did win a natty. I’m just saying that most of the top coaches are typically douches.

• Haha 1
Just now, husker009 said:

Go read about some of the stuff Saban did when he was at Miami. He cussed out his own secretary and wouldn’t talk to people that tried to say hi to him. He may not be as bad as Switzer, Meyer, or Paterno, but he is still a giant a-hole. Paterno did win a natty. I’m just saying that most of the top coaches are typically douches.

We were talking sexual stuff. Love your examples though. Did you google national championships and Joe Paterno?  Maybe if he’d watched Sandusky plug a boy he would have had one- maybe more!!