Who should our next HC be?

To cite some other examples, Bob Stoops and Art Briles were also considered douches. We all know what happened at Baylor, but Stoops let Joe Mixon continue to play for Oklahoma after he knocked out a girl. What do both of these coaches have in common? They were both hated, but they won a lot of games. I say screw the nice guys and make a real commitment towards being elite again. Meyer would accomplish that within three years with all the resources that are present at NU. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Oh- so this is you determining who the nice guys are?  And Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeney say “hi”   

sometimes you just have to quit 

I’ll give you Dabo (though I think he’s faking it), but Smart by all accounts is very similar to Saban. 

3 minutes ago, husker009 said:

He’s always struck me as a phony when it comes to his beliefs. 

Not sure about his faith, but Dabo might be the most self-centered coach in college football. The way he runs down the hill at Clemson and onto the field ahead of his team shows me that he puts himself ahead of his players. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure about his faith, but Dabo might be the most self-centered coach in college football. The way he runs down the hill at Clemson and onto the field ahead of his team shows me that he puts himself ahead of his players. 

Now you’re just egging him on. So easy to do it’s almost not fun. Lol. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I find it a little funny that you have Chadwell listed as a long term success as a college coach but have Campbell listed as 'Meh'.  Chadwell's record at Coastal is 36-20 with 6 games to go this season.  Campbell's record at Toledo was 35-15 for an apples to apples comparison.  I get Chadwell had some modest success at the FCS/D2 level but that doesn't do anything for me.  

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, just something I found funny.

Just my personal observation and preference. I like watching the Costal offense and think it would be fun to watch at a higher level 

• Plus1 1