Who should our next HC be?

25 minutes ago, I am I said:

watched that 60min interview. Took me into a wormhole, found this. Dude pumped up his team talking about parking passes, cheerleaders, and the band. 
not sure his x and o coaching is good (he’s winning a lot so it must be decent) or any of his football philosophy, but man this is what football is all about.  Men v Men, take that respect when they don’t respect you. I know he’s not getting hired here and not sure if he’s even a great coach but I love the fact he uses football to teach young men how to earn, demand, and win respect. There is a lot of disrespect in our culture (I have a teenage son lol)  and this man is teaching people to earn respect. 

The top programs have every single cushy, flashy, brash assed s#!t to offer kids who are good at football but haven’t earned that skybox, jersey, or cleats yet. I admire what he’s doing, especially for that community and league.

It’s a different world at Alabama, Mich, NU, and USC, but this simple speech actually gravitates young men to follow his ideals and rise above into greater things. I’m glad he’s doing what he’s doing, using football to teach greater things. 

TO has nothing to do with this video, except just be in it 

Made the hair on my arms stand up. If you're not running through a brick wall for him after that, there's something wrong with you.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok Sorry, I thought you were saying Briles won the same number of national championships as Paterno?  And yes, I only caught the last page really.   

Not to keep it going- but it is what I said 

- both have exactly the same number of natties. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You're preaching to the choir. Unfortunately the rest of the state still view him as the brash, arrogant, "Prime Time" with the gaudy chains and sunglasses 

Maybe there needs to be a changing at the guard for things like this.  Ill be honest, im not big into any rap past 2000 i dont like things that are loud and brash.  But if someone like coach prime was teaching my kids id sure listen, because in the end hes raising good people and to me that is what counts.  I said before win at all costs with Urban and i do stand by that, but if we are going to denounce this man because of his flash and character, that i dont like.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
9 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

See heres the funny thing about life.  We all have conversations around here about what is a good fit or a bad fit in our program.  And this guy is all about teaching young boys to become men and put there best foot forward in life.  But we cant hire him because hes not a good culture fit, or hes to extreme of a character.  Im saying someone like this is exactly what this place needs.  

Cannot be stated enough ^

I keep seeing Deion is "high risk, high reward." Show me the "high risk." High risk that we may not win with him because he's not proven? We already suck. There's zero risk from a W-L standpoint. High risk because people might not like him? Most of America loves him. You think there will be a single talking head outside of Nebraska who doesn't praise us for having the foresight to give Deion a chance? The opposite. Show me the risk. Then show me the coach who doesn't have a risk. Any guaranteed winners for us out there, and I'm all ears.

Worst case scenario, we still suck but our national brand value has been lifted immensely and we have a coffer full of top 5 recruits. Best case scenario, he actually works out...because he's a winner.

Deion is very low risk, high reward.

(in case anyone wonders, I'm lobbying for DeioN SaNders)

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Just my personal observation and preference. I like watching the Costal offense and think it would be fun to watch at a higher level 

Here is a great article for those who have concerns on Chadwell.  Dude gets it.  Takes a few minutes, but Chadwell would do well here.  Going from FCS to FBS with 63 vs 85 scholarships was no small feat.  TBH, he'd be in my tier 1 list.  Wanted him a year or 2 ago at NU....He deserves a real good look.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/rising-tide-how-coastal-carolina

• Plus1 2