Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

More Deion. He’s everywhere now.  Must be getting ready for the next level. I watched some Georgia Tech tonight and we are a way better program!  Probably us vs Auburn? 

I do like his no nonsense, no coddling approach!  :box

You want culture?  You want investing in the players in and off the field?  You want a coach sold out to his players and community?  Want a coach who knows how to win?  Holds players accountable?  That's Prime.  Check out his social media.  It's not some schtick.  It's who he is.  Some team P5 team is going to grab him.  I'd hate for it to be Wisky and we get our a$$es kicked by the coach that could have been at Nebraska.  He preaches Nebraska values.  The Neon Deion from his playing days is gone.  He'd be a solid get.

For the rumors of boosters would not like him, they can't control him.  Boosters are not coaches.  They had their shot with Frost and he failed miserably.  Let Trev pick the coach.  Prime can handle the rest.

• Oh Yeah! 3

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

They must all be idiots.  Bama is ranked 7th in total offence currently. Tied wt Tenn for 2 out these top 7 for offensive TDs.  

I don't think I would complain one bit if BOB comes to Nebraska and brings an experienced staff that can recruit the guys to make the plays. 

I think he would be a big get based on his overall resume, success,  and the connections he has.  Coming from the Saban school  won't hurt a bit.

Games Plays Yards Yrd/Play  Off TD     YPG

RANK
TEAM
G
PLAYS
YDS
YDS/PLAY
OFF TDS
YPG
1 tennessee.svgTennessee 6 450 3306 7.35 37 551.0
2 ohio-st.svgOhio St. 6 404 3262 8.07 41 543.7
3 tcu.svgTCU 6 411 3160 7.69 36 526.7
4 georgia.svgGeorgia 7 508 3686 7.26 35 526.6
5 ucf.svgUCF 6 458 3151 6.88 30 525.2
6 james-madison.svgJames Madison 6 473 3118 6.59 34 519.7
7 alabama.svgAlabama 7 488 3591 7.36 37 513.0

I like the idea of B O B as being our next coach. Previous experience, Saban coaching school, all the things that have been listed before but also the fact that he would not feel obligated to bring his staff from another school with him. He would have to go out and hire a staff and not bring his friends along. If the rumors are true about Trev opening the checkbook for assistants that would be a big benefit.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

You want culture?  You want investing in the players in and off the field?  You want a coach sold out to his players and community?  Want a coach who knows how to win?  Holds players accountable?  That's Prime.  Check out his social media.  It's not some schtick.  It's who he is.  Some team P5 team is going to grab him.  I'd hate for it to be Wisky and we get our a$$es kicked by the coach that could have been at Nebraska.  He preaches Nebraska values.  The Neon Deion from his playing days is gone.  He'd be a solid get.

For the rumors of boosters would not like him, they can't control him.  Boosters are not coaches.  They had their shot with Frost and he failed miserably.  Let Trev pick the coach.  Prime can handle the rest.

I would totally be for it but let's be honest there's too many dumbasses in this fan base that would be uncomfortable with his "culture" these are the same people who want someone from the military to be the next coach and run the same offense that was ran when Prime was playing.

• TBH 1

I’m not sure what the O’Brien hate is all about. Alabama’s defense has been what’s costing them games lately. They put up 49 points against Tennessee and still lost. That’s not on the OC. O’Brien took over Penn State during a difficult time and managed a solid record. He wouldn’t be the worst hire ever, but if he is the best Trev can do, he should stick with Mickey.

2 hours ago, husker009 said:

Most of the Deion fans on this board want him because of his star power. I’m sure he would recruit very well here, but there is a big difference between coaching at Jackson State and coaching in the Big Ten.

There is but you also have to understand their is a big difference with a coach named Deion Sanders and another coach named not. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

It's a funny thing: for the past decade I've been preaching about how a big-name coach could attract elite talent to Lincoln, and others here have always told me that it doesn't matter who the coach is, we have too many disadvantages (weather, low talent producing state, etc.), not even Saban could recruit here. Yet now, people seem to agree with the sentiment that a big-name coach like Meyer or Deion were to be hired, that they could attract big-name talent. I'm not understanding.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, husker009 said:

I’m not a Christian at all, but he keeps on saying that his players don’t deserve to be payed while he makes $11 million a year. Seems hypocrital to me. On top of that, he supports the previous president and his actions. 

Not being a Christian doesn't exempt us from the pitfalls of meting out judgements of a religious nature of any kind. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, JoseyWales said:

I like the idea of B O B as being our next coach. Previous experience, Saban coaching school, all the things that have been listed before but also the fact that he would not feel obligated to bring his staff from another school with him. He would have to go out and hire a staff and not bring his friends along. If the rumors are true about Trev opening the checkbook for assistants that would be a big benefit.

Great point. And with his background and with the challenge of restoring a great program he’ll get some great assistant coaches 

• Plus1 1