Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, CornymyCob said:

You might be able to get Urban but no way Bob Stoops does it. 

How different we are now. Urban Meyer is a s#!tshow of a human, but a great coach. 5 years ago he would have been the devil and no husker would want him, because we do it right here. Now? People are probably praying for him. And I am too. It’s a different world. We need to get back to being relevant. Stoops? If he were to take any other gig than Oklahoma, I think it would be Nebraska. Even Oklahoma fans would understand how much it would mean to bring this program back to being something. Who knows? My guess, we don’t end up with either one, probably some young upcoming coach.

Just now, BoNeyard said:

F them. F it. F college football. Time to go and win no matter how it’s done. 

I get that but I mean part of the joy in winning is to get to lord it over others, it's not the same feeling when everyone just gets to sit there and go "oh you just went and got him after everyone found out how big of a POS he was and you cared about nothing else."

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

I get why people say Urban Meyer but just...I dunno man every win would be tainted, the football world's opinion of him is the lowest it's ever been.

We are truly a sh!tty program right now.  I think we'd be a blip on the news reel.  Probably some crap about NU doing anything to win.  Maybe bring up LP.  Again.  Nobody cares when you're winning.

Just now, BoNeyard said:

Aim for and do whatever it takes to get the following;

-Chris Petersen

-Bob Stoops

-Urban Meyer

-Matt Rhule

-Dave Aranda

Yes to Stoops and Urban.  Instant credibility and press.  I like Aranda, always have. He’d bring back the defense which has been MIA for years. Petersen sort of looked overmatched at times at Washington. I actually thought he could have done better there. Not sure he could do it anymore. Rhule, meh. 

But yes to the caliber of names. Please no more Lance Kansas and Chadwell becoming Minny lite in the west.

Get a big time coach in here!  Our QB and receiver play has been pretty good. But Nebraska needs to play defense and run the ball well. The Blackshirts are literally dead. Like don’t even discuss that anymore until a unit represents that legacy, like it is embarrassing. Have some pride.

3 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

I get why people say Urban Meyer but just...I dunno man every win would be tainted, the football world's opinion of him is the lowest it's ever been.

I hold a similar view.

I think Urban would be a bit like 'selling one's soul to the devil.' Not sure a lot of Nebraska fans would be thrilled with that. Peoples' opinion on UM is already split just going off of the few anecdotal conversations I've seen on Twitter and had in person. I also get the feeling that Trev wouldn't be that interested in Urban because of all the baggage, so it's probably a moot point overall.

That said, and I know people hate to hear this kind of stuff, but I am at probably my lowest point in my Husker fandom. Damn near total apathy. Losing doesn't even hurt anymore. It's like growing a callous. Eventually, you just don't feel anything. UM would almost certainly make Nebraska a winning program but at a high cost.

• Plus1 2