Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

A lot of names out there that would appear to be quality candidates.

What I'm hoping NU does not get is someone where NIL and Portal are recent changes to the back-end of the candidates coaching career.

I guess that means I'd prefer someone under the age of 50. (No, I don't mean Scott Frost.)

Dan Mullen with a solid D-coordinator would be interesting. He could win a lot of games here against the Big Ten West. 

Bill O'Brien is going to be one of the top choices. 

Lance Leipold is one to watch for sure. If he can get Kansas to 7-8 wins, he can do that and more here. At the very least he can get us back to winning football games. 

I do not know Matt Rhule's age but he would be solid. 

Lane would be a meme hire but would win here. 

Jeremey Chadwell could come here but we already tried the great G5 coach route. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Dan Mullen with a solid D-coordinator would be interesting. He could win a lot of games here against the Big Ten West. 

Bill O'Brien is going to be one of the top choices. 

Lance Leipold is one to watch for sure. If he can get Kansas to 7-8 wins, he can do that and more here. At the very least he can get us back to winning football games. 

I do not know Matt Rhule's age but he would be solid. 

Lane would be a meme hire but would win here. 

Jeremey Chadwell could come here but we already tried the great G5 coach route. 

I'd have no problem with Chadwell IF he is able to bring in a solid D, and not get hung up on the nepotism our previous coaches have failed to suppress. Rhule is probably my top choice of those names.

Just now, HuskerJax said:

I understand that, but we have another whole lost season, and there are only so many years in a life.

A Stoops or Meyer isn’t going to come in midway thru the season, so this season is going to finish with an interim head coach. Yes, this is most likely a lost season, but firing Frost could give the team a new voice to make the best of this season. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

I'd have no problem with Chadwell IF he is able to bring in a solid D, and not get hung up on the nepotism our previous coaches have failed to suppress. Rhule is probably my top choice of those names.

I like the names of O’Brien, Campbell, Mullen, and Rhule. They have all been successful at the Power 5 level. Chadwell is intriguing, but that’s a jump up in competition which Frost didn’t succeed at. 

2 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Frost has left me feeling snakebitten.  I just don't see how any coach can win here.  I want to believe it, but i'm struggling.  I'm just not feeling good about the program in general.  

Who knows what the future will bring. The facts are that NU has a loyal fan base, a strong brand, and boosters willing to put up plenty of $ to succeed.  NU probably won’t be able to be national championship contenders, but there is no reason why NU can’t be competing for Big Ten West or making the 12-team playoff every few years. 

1 minute ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Frost has left me feeling snakebitten.  I just don't see how any coach can win here.  I want to believe it, but i'm struggling.  I'm just not feeling good about the program in general.  

Winning championships?  No, Probably not, but Iowa and Wisconsin have been consistently putting up winning seasons.  If they can do that, no reason why we can’t.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Who knows what the future will bring. The facts are that NU has a loyal fan base, a strong brand, and boosters willing to put up plenty of $ to succeed.  NU probably won’t be able to be national championship contenders, but there is no reason why NU can’t be competing for Big Ten West or making the 12-team playoff every few years. 

I would love to win 6-9 games a season after witnessing the alternative.  I'd sign a contract in blood if I could

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Winning championships?  No, Probably not, but Iowa and Wisconsin have been consistently putting up winning seasons.  If they can do that, no reason why we can’t.  

I'm looking through the lens of a very bad period...i didn't mention championships, by winning I simply meant I just want to win 6-9 games a season so we aren't a laughing stock anymore

I'm looking through the lens of a very bad period...i didn't mention championships, by winning I simply meant I just want to win 6-9 games a season so we aren't a laughing stock anymore

It shouldn’t be hard to get back to 8-9 wins on a regular basis, with the occasional 10-11 win seasons. NU has the resources to do so, it just needs a decent coach. Bo was a decent coach, just a complete a-hole who his boss didn’t like. Riley and Frost didn’t have it. But, NU is attractive enough of a job where a solid coach will take it. 

• Plus1 1

We can and will get back to 6-9 games.   I trust Trev with this next hire.