Who should our next HC be?

11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Do you really think there's even the slightest chance that Deion Sanders will be the next HC of the Nebraska Cornhuskers? I sure don't. An African-American coach trying to garner attention for HBCUs, taking a big-$ offer to coach at one of the most white-bread schools in the country. He'd be labeled an Uncle Tom before you know it. It's just not happening.

Don't know why but I seem to always be a full 180 degrees from your takes.

You really don't think Deion is smart enough to make the message be that he's turned the (much-needed) spotlight on HBCUs and why they deserve funds and attention and now he's going to turn the spotlight on the woeful lack of black P5 Head Coaches running successful programs?

I don't think the guy is coming and I don't think he's even on the short list, but you thinking it is because he can't get himself out from under the HBCU banner now is laughable for somebody as quick of lip as Deion.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

You really don't think Deion is smart enough to make the message be that he's turned the (much-needed) spotlight on HBCUs and why they deserve funds and attention and now he's going to turn the spotlight on the woeful lack of black P5 Head Coaches running successful programs?

I don't think the guy is coming and I don't think he's even on the short list, but you thinking it is because he can't get himself out from under the HBCU banner now is laughable for somebody as quick of lip as Deion.

I think Deion is targeting Power 5 schools in the south.  The Georgia Tech opening could be an interesting one.  Deion was a stud player in Atlanta, and is still probably plenty popular down there.  Plus, Deion can change his recruiting message from "I want to get top recruits to come to a HBCU" to "I want to get top recruits to come to one of the premier academic institutions in the South".

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Yeah, I've always thought this way as well. Admittedly, probably somewhat wishful thinking on my part, but changing the narrative to make your next pitch about helping a culture seems like a really easy one to me. In addition to what you mentioned regarding his overall mission, the pitch to get ABC player out of XYZ southern project town to a safe midwest values town like Lincoln is a pretty easy opportunity to sell too.

SO CONFUSING:blink: Now there is a thread:  WHO SHOULD OUR NEXT COACH NOT BE:madash:bang    Now we have the suspense :   WILL THAT NEW THREAD KEEP THIS THREAD FROM REACHING 1000 PAGES:dunno   Oh the horror of it if that were to occur (I'm helping the cause by posting this nonsensical post BUT I Digress).  Maybe we start counting both thread towards the 1000 pages.  Now there are 2 threads of endless gibberish, speculation,  and general one upmanship chuckleshuffle on the best and worst coaches that Nebraska can get.   Just when we think we got it all figured out,  Trev will make the announcement and take the air :zoom right out of our....

Time to just watch it all play out :snacks:and have another :cheers and :Runza2:.   Carry on :smokin    And Go Big Red :koolaid2::3DN: 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Deion is targeting Power 5 schools in the south.  The Georgia Tech opening could be an interesting one.  Deion was a stud player in Atlanta, and is still probably plenty popular down there.  Plus, Deion can change his recruiting message from "I want to get top recruits to come to a HBCU" to "I want to get top recruits to come to one of the premier academic institutions in the South".

For about a year I've been thinking of Deion going to Georgia Tech.  And I would be an instant fan of that!!!!  

Prime would rebuild the football program there, occasionally stealing some 5 star commits that would have normally gone to Georgia, Alabama, FSU or Florida.....  and he would make the team way more competitive.  Year in and Year out.

But also, I'd be a super instant fan because I've always liked the Navy-blue / Gold / White combo uniforms (which is why I always have loved Navy :))

11 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Kellen Moore turned down (backed out of) becoming Boise States head coach (his alma mater) last year to stay on with the Cowboys. I'm guessing he wants to stay in the NFL. 

Bet we could give him several million reasons to reconsider...

8 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Recruiting violations are a plus for a candidate imo. 

Haha.  Great point.