Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Spacer said:

Chris peterson - OC

Ed Orgeron - DC

Ndamukong Suh - DL coach (if not signed to NFL team)

Richie Incognito - OL coach (to bring gritt)

we're set!!! :thumbs

Incognito never entered my mind as to coaching here.  Now that I see his name there it made me think about it, and I find myself worried that he'd alienate so many fans that.. well, it'd be distracting.  I loved his play, but his problems loom large.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

He wouldn’t even be in the conversation for head coach for 100% of P5 programs, probably 100% of all FBS programs. Let alone a program like Nebraska. Some of these guys are too close to it to be objective.

I agree - see my cons list above. 

31 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Incognito never entered my mind as to coaching here.  Now that I see his name there it made me think about it, and I find myself worried that he'd alienate so many fans that.. well, it'd be distracting.  I loved his play, but his problems loom large.

it was a joke, really... all the names kinda are (I doubt Peterson takes an OC job, anywhere; but maybe... Orgeron may be looking for a HC position, as well... I'd highly consider both if they'd be willing to be coordinators; but again, I doubt it)

Richie is known to have anger management/mental health 'questions'... however, I do want an 'aggressive' personality coaching up our lines; just not someone who might go off the rails, again.

I'd def. take a risk on an inexperienced Suh as DL coach, tho... I just got a sense he'd make a solid DL coach. I like the thought better than I felt about Raiola taking over the o-line (who wasn't exactly proven, either; and the Bears oline wasn't exactly stellar during his time there)

39 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Yet, we'd probably never know which "big name" coach was "missed out on" if Mickey is offered the gig. It's unlikely Trev will "settle" for Mickey if there's truly a better option that wanted the job.

No doubt, but if we do settle for Mickey, make no mistake, it’s because we missed on a lot of better options. That said, Mickey is still a better option than a lot of the names I’ve seen thrown around. He’s probably somewhere around the bottom half of viable options. Let’s hope we don’t miss on the top half

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Yet, we'd probably never know which "big name" coach was "missed out on" if Mickey is offered the gig. It's unlikely Trev will "settle" for Mickey if there's truly a better option that wanted the job.

Whatever inside voices make you believe that, stop listening to it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's where I am. If Mickey's chosen, it'll be because we couldn't get anyone better.

Tell me which head coach will give up their current success, happiness, and paycheck, and whatever they built for the program, will leave all that for the opportunity to coach at Nebraska.  

Sounds like you might think coaching at Nebraska is a premier destination, among the best.  Without considering the last 5-10-20 years. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, admo said:

Tell me which head coach will give up their current success, happiness, and paycheck, and whatever they built for the program, will leave all that for the opportunity to coach at Nebraska.  

Sounds like you might think coaching at Nebraska is a premier destination, among the best.  Without considering the last 5-10-20 years. 

Surely one or two of the 60 from the master list lol…

• TBH 1

57 minutes ago, admo said:

…or maybe I don’t have MJ rated as highly as you do as a HC? There are several coaches I’d rate higher, on experience alone… and I’m a big MJ fan. I just prefer him in a lesser role. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
55 minutes ago, admo said:

So, just to be clear…you think Mickey is the best we can do (you might be right)…or you think Mickey is the best option (you couldn’t be more wrong)? Not trying to be snarky at all, but there’s a difference.