Who should our next HC be?

31 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Or what was thought to be the best option at the time by the person doing the hiring which might or might not be what others considers is. 

I mean Scott Frost was the best option at the time we hired him according to almost every fan, pundit and knowing talking head.  We’re a at least 2-3 years away from actually knowing if the next HC was the best option or even a good option.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 4
46 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You don't want Coach O as head coach. Trust me on this. As a coordinator maybe, but not head coach.

I agree with Coach O not being a HC, but have always thought of him if Mickey were to land the job as an ace recruiter who coaches the D-Line. He is a great position coach and would bring instant credibility to his staff. Not sure I would want him at coordinator tbh. 

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I mean Scott Frost was the best option at the time we hired him according to almost every fan, pundit and knowing talking head.  We’re a at least 2-3 years away from actually knowing if the next HC was the best option or even a good option.

It’s hard to say. It could be earlier or later depending on the indications. I do think whomever it is is owed our patience however a rough ride that it’s been. 

Almost everyone. And ones that didn’t think Scott Frost was were targets of criticism. 

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

I’ll be the first to say that I really didn’t know a lot about Bill O’Brien’s career before I read this. But I now think he would be a hell of a “get”. If he keeps MJ (and Applewhite, & possibly O’Brien in some position) he would be my new #1.

It’s only a BONUS that he looks like he could be Bob Devaney’s grandson. :D

He's moving up my board, I think he will be an A+ hire for where ever he goes (unless it's the commies or cowboys, than eff him and I hope he rots).   I know there's the talk about recruiting and him not being a home run hire, but really, it's the staff he brings that'll do the heavy lifting on recruiting.   He has connections to hire an amazing staff of coaches who can develop and recruit and if the reports are true about TA opening up the purse strings for assistants and support staff, it'll only make his job of getting top assistants easier.

13 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I have nothing of substance to add.  Just doing my part to promote this thread and keep the post/page count climbing.  I have nothing to add, I agree with all, i just wanna say this thread was a super productive use of time and I am a better person for being part of it.  Thank you all 

shaking-head.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
28 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I have nothing of substance to add.  Just doing my part to promote this thread and keep the post/page count climbing.  I have nothing to add, I agree with all, i just wanna say this thread was a super productive use of time and I am a better person for being part of it.  Thank you all 

A42C8E3C-574C-4C61-A66F-47BD319F68D6.gif

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Well they can’t all take the Alabama job. Dabo might be likely, so that opens up Clemson. Still leaves quite a few of those names without a better option.

I understand there is only one head coach of Alabama.  My point is that none of those big names are really going to want to take a gig like Nebraska in the hopes they get a shot at the 'Bama gig and subsequent openings after he retires.

3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I’ll be the first to say that I really didn’t know a lot about Bill O’Brien’s career before I read this. But I now think he would be a hell of a “get”. If he keeps MJ (and Applewhite, & possibly O’Brien in some position) he would be my new #1.

BoB is most likely to accept the job offer (yay for the hiring committee putting in the work!).

With just 2 years of college football HC experience, way back in 2012-2013.  

Fun, for the whole family <_<

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

BOB is in my top 3 wt Lane and Chadwell 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, lo country said:

Maybe it's just me, but I do not think NU is the "destination" coaching job we make it out to be.  We are now potentially going into year 6 without a bowl game.....Have a horrific record in the B1G.  Unsure which teams we have a winning record against.  Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana?  Illinois on the rise.  We are quickly becoming a bottom feeder in the B1G and potentially in the P5 right now.  Been a Husker fan for a long, long time, but the Husker brand has been tarnished by Riley and Frost.  

I don’t agree.  It can be a destination position for the right coach that starts winning and has us competing for conference championships and winning one every once in a while. 

we can pay too dollar in that situation. Fan support. Facilities. NIL…etc. we are in a string conference that is respected. I don’t think there are many programs that have the ability to be where we can be with the right guy.  The only thing negative is that we aren’t in a recruiting hotbed.  But, winning can fix that.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1