Who should our next HC be?

Though it’s ever changing, my top 5 are currently:

1.  Lane Kiffen

2.  Dave Clawson

3.  Dave Aranda

4.  Bill O’Brien

5.  Mickey Joseph

I think with a win this weekend Mickey Joseph moves up to 2 on my list.  As a side note I’d add that with Dave Aranda I strongly feel he would keep Mickey and potentially Busch.  (I don’t want to lose Busch as he would be nice to have around in some capacity).  

Also, why no love for Dave Clawson?  I’m sure he has negatives too, but he has been a solid coach as of late. 

• Plus1 1

I wouldn't necessarily love a Dave Clawson hire, but he had them bowl eligible in year three and he has a ~73% winning percentage since 2019 (minus the weird COVID year). They've certainly been a better program than Nebraska since 2017.

But yeah, he's not exactly a sexy hire. Doubt he'd get the blood pumping unless Wake somehow ended up like... 12-2 or 13-1 something crazy like that.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I wouldn't necessarily love a Dave Clawson hire, but he had them bowl eligible in year three and he has a ~73% winning percentage since 2019 (minus the weird COVID year). They've certainly been a better program than Nebraska since 2017.

But yeah, he's not exactly a sexy hire. Doubt he'd get the blood pumping unless Wake somehow ended up like... 12-2 or 13-1 something crazy like that.

I think most recruits would have to google him to figure out who he was.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, huskerfan99 said:

9C2A4C70-9BBC-4893-A38A-60C850F9A032.thumb.png.27147a38d77b159d90fea662cd5e876a.png

I’m still intrigued by this flight on Sunday. Probably a nothing burger. Who knows.

One never knows…The plane thought to be connected to Kiffin was some fans that are also Ole Miss fans.

The one you guys really need to be keeping tabs on is the Chopper! 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Took him 8 years to get WF turned around. We don't have the patience nor the time.

Agree.  We need a guy who can fix recruiting and quickly.  Part of Frost and Co's issue was the complete misses they did in recruiting.  Could get the stars, but couldn't make them shine or they simply moved on.  So if the guy gets "decent" classes, he has got to develop.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, lo country said:

Agree.  We need a guy who can fix recruiting and quickly.  Part of Frost and Co's issue was the complete misses they did in recruiting.  Could get the stars, but couldn't make them shine or they simply moved on.  So if the guy gets "decent" classes, he has got to develop.

There's got to be real indications that we're moving in the right direction. Aside from one year, I didn't sense that with Frost. For the most part I think that we're patient although there has to be evidence that progress is indeed being made. 

5 minutes ago, M.A. said:

There's got to be real indications that we're moving in the right direction. Aside from one year, I didn't sense that with Frost. For the most part I think that we're patient although there has to be evidence that progress is indeed being made. 

No doubt on this.  There was no signs that Frost was improving or permanently fixing anything.  I mean the statistical anomalies alone should have gotten him gone after year 3.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

No doubt on this.  There was no signs that Frost was improving or permanently fixing anything.  I mean the statistical anomalies alone should have gotten him gone after year 3.

No sense that he was figuring it out or could. There are a variety of ways things can play out. It was progressing rather aimlessly not on any favorable trajectory. I am as patient as anyone though there's got to be encouraging indications in years two and three.

• TBH 1