Jump to content

Who should our next HC be?


Recommended Posts

For those following flight trackers, keep in mind, they rarely will meet at a primary location for either the potential candidate or the hiring school.   Meaning, until someone is hired, the meeting will not be in Lincoln/Omaha.  And if we are meeting someone like BoB the meeting will not take place in Alabama.    They will find a neutral site to mask the reason of the meeting and who is attending.   Trev and potential hire would meet someone like BoB or Lane in Chicago or Dallas.   And, from first hand knowledge, they most likely will fly commercial to keep it as low key as possible.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

5 hours ago, bisonwiches said:

Saw this plane arrived and was in town for an hour and 15 before heading back to Stillwater.

6C3D412B-2ECE-4BB7-942C-F948074423FD.jpeg


Terry Bradshaw has quarter horses and is known to frequent Oklahoma and Texas. Could there be a connection? What potential candidates is he associated…  (Ha)

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Danimal said:

 

Not really. Dude started having winning seasons back in 2016,  which is a major achievement at a program where he has less to work with than any other P5 school in country. Took til 2021 to start competing for conference championships. Turnaround would be WAY quicker here. It's the transfer-portal and NIL era, he can get instant help here he couldn't at WF. He'd have much more to recruit to with our VASTLY superior stadium, facilities, and tradiiton. He'd have much more money/cache to optimize his staff with, our coaching would likely be up a notch from Wake's

 

I disagree. Here were his records at WF:

 

3-9

3-9 (he likely would've been fired here)

7-6

8-5

7-6 (or here)

8-5

4-5 (or here)

 

He didn't hit 9 wins til Year 8. No way he would've survived that long in Lincoln.

 

And please stop with the "more resources" spiel. We already tried that and we know how it turned out.

  • TBH 1
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, sho said:

For those following flight trackers, keep in mind, they rarely will meet at a primary location for either the potential candidate or the hiring school.   Meaning, until someone is hired, the meeting will not be in Lincoln/Omaha.  And if we are meeting someone like BoB the meeting will not take place in Alabama.    They will find a neutral site to mask the reason of the meeting and who is attending.   Trev and potential hire would meet someone like BoB or Lane in Chicago or Dallas.   And, from first hand knowledge, they most likely will fly commercial to keep it as low key as possible.

It’s fun, but mostly fruitless. Didn’t Davison meet SF in Philadelphia or somewhere like it?  
 

I spend too much time with the flight tracker during last years OC search. There was a long history of routine flights from South Bend and Norman, Ok.   There was also a few from Baton Rouge, so I guess in theory that could have been MJ. 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

It’s fun, but mostly fruitless. Didn’t Davison meet SF in Philadelphia or somewhere like it?  
 

I spend too much time with the flight tracker during last years OC search. There was a long history of routine flights from South Bend and Norman, Ok.   There was also a few from Baton Rouge, so I guess in theory that could have been MJ. 

 

It was actually Moos that met him in Philly when UCF was playing Temple, it was Matt that set up that meeting.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Pretty sure Ed O lives in Florida now. Definitely would love to have him coach DL. Excellent recruiter as well.

Eddie O is living off the coast of Florida with a 20-something blonde bombshell. He’s in his 60s, and I wonder if he would want to come back to coaching. He got a lot of cash to walk away from LSU, and if he’s ever hurting for cash, he can come back to Louisiana and do some speaking engagements. Those Cajuns are the only one who can understand a word he says anyway. 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Eddie O is living off the coast of Florida with a 20-something blonde bombshell. He’s in his 60s, and I wonder if he would want to come back to coaching. He got a lot of cash to walk away from LSU, and if he’s ever hurting for cash, he can come back to Louisiana and do some speaking engagements. Those Cajuns are the only one who can understand a word he says anyway. 

 

 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
  • TBH 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Pretty sure Ed O lives in Florida now. Definitely would love to have him coach DL. Excellent recruiter as well.

Stupid question but if Ed O were to get back into college coaching why would he not want to come back as a head coach only? I ask bc he won a national championship so coming back as anything else doesn't make sense to me even if I would love for him to be the d-line coach.

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Stupid question but if Ed O were to get back into college coaching why would he not want to come back as a head coach only? I ask bc he won a national championship so coming back as anything else doesn't make sense to me even if I would love for him to be the d-line coach.

You are probably correct, but he may want to come back to be an assistant coach for a good friend and to get back into the game. I think it’s a small chance it actually happens though. 

Link to comment

42 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

 

I disagree. Here were his records at WF:

 

3-9

3-9 (he likely would've been fired here)  <-------- Talk of firing, but trigger not pulled

7-6

8-5

7-6 (or here)  <------- Probably not

8-5

4-5 (or here)  <--------This is where the angst would have peaked and "get rid of him after one more year if he's not at 7 wins" talk in earnest

 

He didn't hit 9 wins til Year 8. No way he would've survived that long in Lincoln.

 

And please stop with the "more resources" spiel. We already tried that and we know how it turned out.

 

That roller coaster would have been preferable to the steady downturn we've seen.  I'm thinking he would have survived and improved the program immensely.  At 9 per season as an average?  Probably not.  Probably 7 or 8.  We can't know for sure any of this, but I'm thinking that we could have built off him being here, especially recruiting.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...