Who should our next HC be?

39 minutes ago, Hagg said:

That roller coaster would have been preferable to the steady downturn we've seen.  I'm thinking he would have survived and improved the program immensely.  At 9 per season as an average?  Probably not.  Probably 7 or 8.  We can't know for sure any of this, but I'm thinking that we could have built off him being here, especially recruiting.

preferable or not, he wouldn’t have survived. Look at what happened to Bo, and he was at least hitting 9 wins a year

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I gave up the Urban Meyer pipe dream; you need to do the same with Deion. It’s not happening. 

I know. We’re not good enough for either. And it makes me sad for my once-great program. We’ll take a Leipold, Campbell, O’Brien, Aranda type hire and we’ll be back here in 3-5 years having this same discussion 

• TBH 1
10 hours ago, desertshox said:

Yes, you have proven how difficult it is for you. I will now use examples to help you along. You get urban Meyer (the best option) you can't get anyone better. So he's the best you could get. You get Mike Riley because everyone else said no, He's the best you could get. So in conclusion, no matter who is hired it was the best you could get.

alonzo-mourning.gif

16 minutes ago, M.A. said:

You like Deion a lot.

I like Nebraska football a lot. But we have fallen into the abyss of college football. It’s embarrassing. I used to be proud to be a Nebraska alumn. Used to be proud to be a Nebraska fan. There are VERY few names who will change that this hiring round. We need someone who can electrify this thing if we want to get back to winning and there aren’t many names who can do that. Deion is one of them and probably the most getable. It’s really as simple as that.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I like Nebraska football a lot. But we have fallen into the abyss of college football. It’s embarrassing. I used to be proud to be a Nebraska alumn. Used to be proud to be a Nebraska fan. There are VERY few names who will change that this hiring round. Deion is one of them and probably the most getable. It’s really as simple as that.

Yes…Humiliating really. As an alumnus you want your Huskers to get back to winning again.

giphy.gif

Let me break down the symbolic features of this GIF.

Urban threw the flag and walked off the field, symbolizing his throwing in the towel on his NFL coaching career and walking out of the league.

The flag he threw was red, hinting at the Nebraska job.

He looked around, OBVIOUSLY to see if Trev was watching, practically saying, "I'm open."

To me... it is all adding up now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

13 hours ago, husker1996 said:

There could very well be a handshake agreement in place with the new coach already. I think if it were Mickey, Trev would have announced it by now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mickey has an agreement with Trev to remain on the staff in some capacity. It would be beneficial to have such an agreement in place so Mickey could tell recruits such as Coleman that he will be on the staff no matter what. 

Yes, his wife said in an interview that they have a 3 year contract- so if the new coach wants him - he stays.