Who should our next HC be?

29 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

People are so dramatic after losses lol. Illinois, Syracuse, Kentucky, Tennessee, Kansas State, and Baylor were all teams that were dumpster fires at one point and came back.  We have better resources than all of those schools besides maybe Tennessee. There is absolutely no reason a good coach cant take us right back to competing and it could be fast with the transfer portal. 

During the game, the commentators said if Bielema can bring Illinois back, then the right guy can do that at NU.  Bo was getting 9-10 wins and bowling with no support from the front office.  We just need to find the right guy for NU.  He might not be the "best" available, but we need the best for us.  In our conference, in our division, in our recruiting environment.  I also want a guy that puts a premium on a down hill running attack.  I am sick of our busted up scheme being big or bust yolo bombs.  A coach who wants physicality on both sides of the ball.  Especially in the trenches.  

I like a lot of the names mentioned.  Some more than others.  I like Chadwell and his modern version of the option.  Question, would he come to NU as the OC for an established HC?  Would Grimes, Grinch, Beck, Walters (examples of coordinators) etc....Come here as coordinators.  I have no idea.  I still have no idea what the hell Riley tried to run, or Frost or Whip.  There is no ebb and flow.  No play to set up another.  Nada.  Just complete incompetence at every level and every phase.  I know people are scoffing at a G% or "up and coming coach" or even coordinators, but I feel very confident, most guys would coach circles around Frost and look like a genius.  TBH, and I've said it a lot, I'd call Prime and guage his interest and what his scheme, plan, development, and staff would look like.  He just wins.  And recruits his a$$ off.

Assuming we will not land big names thrown around like Bob Stoops, Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, and Deion Sanders, here is who I would like to see Nebraska target in no particular order:

• Kalen DeBoer-I am still a huge fan of his and he is in his first season at Washington.  He has the second best win-loss record of any active coach who has been head coach for more than 50 games.
  • Chris Klieman-He is moving up my list.  He beats a ranked team 48-0 without his starting QB. Pretty impressive.
  • Mark Stoops-He may finish the year 8-4 but he has made Kentucky a reliable and consistent program in the SEC
  • Lane Kiffin-He has gotten better and better with each coaching move.  The risk with him is that he may not stay long.
  • Kyle Whittingham-Very unlikely to leave at his age but he has been very consistent for many years

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Assuming we will not land big names thrown around like Bob Stoops, Chris Peterson, Urban Meyer, and Deion Sanders, here is who I would like to see Nebraska target in no particular order:

• Kalen DeBoer-I am still a huge fan of his and he is in his first season at Washington.  He has the second best win-loss record of any active coach who has been head coach for more than 50 games.
  • Chris Klieman-He is moving up my list.  He beats a ranked team 48-0 without his starting QB. Pretty impressive.
  • Mark Stoops-He may finish the year 8-4 but he has made Kentucky a reliable and consistent program in the SEC
  • Lane Kiffin-He has gotten better and better with each coaching move.  The risk with him is that he may not stay long.
  • Kyle Whittingham-Very unlikely to leave at his age but he has been very consistent for many years

https://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

I like Klieman.  No nonsense coach.  Knows how to win.  Has a good scheme and plays physical.  

Wouldn't be disappointed in the others.  

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, roadrat said:

Hopefully strength and conditioning coach is replaced. What have we developed in 5 yrs? Losing your QB should at least net you more than like 5 yards in the second half. 

Duval has been one of the biggest frauds in this entire staff.  He will be lucky to be heading up a S&C department anywhere in the next few years.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
29 minutes ago, lo country said:

During the game, the commentators said if Bielema can bring Illinois back, then the right guy can do that at NU.  Bo was getting 9-10 wins and bowling with no support from the front office.  We just need to find the right guy for NU.  He might not be the "best" available, but we need the best for us.  In our conference, in our division, in our recruiting environment.  I also want a guy that puts a premium on a down hill running attack.  I am sick of our busted up scheme being big or bust yolo bombs.  A coach who wants physicality on both sides of the ball.  Especially in the trenches.  

I like a lot of the names mentioned.  Some more than others.  I like Chadwell and his modern version of the option.  Question, would he come to NU as the OC for an established HC?  Would Grimes, Grinch, Beck, Walters (examples of coordinators) etc....Come here as coordinators.  I have no idea.  I still have no idea what the hell Riley tried to run, or Frost or Whip.  There is no ebb and flow.  No play to set up another.  Nada.  Just complete incompetence at every level and every phase.  I know people are scoffing at a G% or "up and coming coach" or even coordinators, but I feel very confident, most guys would coach circles around Frost and look like a genius.  TBH, and I've said it a lot, I'd call Prime and guage his interest and what his scheme, plan, development, and staff would look like.  He just wins.  And recruits his a$$ off.

Did you happen to watch the UCF game? They beat a tough cinci team with a backup QB and ran the ball and that oline was dominating by the end of the game. Thats a coach you only have to worry about DC cuz he will figure out the offensive scheme. 

So the team looked bad this week so its clear this Mickey can't possible have HC chops? Got it.

I get the resume argument and I haven't really seen anyone argue that Mickey HAS to be the next coach. 

Just funny to me that by some commenters' logic, guys like Gundy and Clawson should be let go after today's performances. Heck, those coaches actually got to recruit all their players and even lead spring and fall practices. 

Would think there'd be more general support for him as a former Husker than trying to constantly find reason for why he's not good enough for "us".

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1
5 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Would think there'd be more general support for him as a former Husker than trying to constantly find reason for why he's not good enough for "us".

But, other than the fact that Mickey is a former Husker and he’s a great recruiter, what else about Mickey stands outs above more experienced head coaches. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Did you happen to watch the UCF game? They beat a tough cinci team with a backup QB and ran the ball and that oline was dominating by the end of the game. Thats a coach you only have to worry about DC cuz he will figure out the offensive scheme. 

I did not.  You talking about Gus coming here?  I don't think he'd be a bad get at all

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1